Apocalyptic solar flares 2022-2023

On that note, I highly recommend Katie Mack’ book The End of Everything.

Don’t despair. There may be some kind of quantum bubble spreading across the universe at the speed of light, and it could destroy us all before we even know it’s coming. No time to get stressed about it.

3 Likes

I suppose I too shall watch it and have nightmares tonight lol

1 Like

save it for tomorrow, not good to wallow.

You should, however, read this: [“The Last Question”; by Isaac Asimov]
https://www.physics.princeton.edu/ph115/LQ.pdf

Another video and PBS youtuber I think you’ll love:

edit - There’s a few links at the end of his video that are also interesting.

1 Like

This is a great one to follow. Updated daily

1 Like

I think his wife is Taiwan Ren

Any relation to Kylo?

2 Likes

Will probably binge watch everything after work :joy:

My brain just turned to mush.

No idea. I remember he calls her Kat. I can’t remember but it seems he mentioned her background on one of his videos. This dude is extremely knowledgeable and committed to education. I feel guilty when I miss his videos. I follow another really good climate guy who brings understanding to the viewer/student about the solar influence on ocean currents.

Both speak to the waning protection of Earth’s magnetism.

I’ve never heard climate kooks talk about solar forcing or declining protection of earth due to shifting and weakening of Earth’s magnetic shielding.

I’ll find the other guy’s videos and send. He is really dry but extremely knowledgeable.

Rogan had an amazing guest on several weeks ago talking how some event on earth melted huge amounts of glacial ice which can only account for the cutting of the crust in the northwest USA. So much ice melted so quickly the runoff of water cut huge canyons and valleys in a matter of days.

He had Robert Schoch on when I was interested in such things, he’s got a solar flare sorta theory

Here is the Rogan guest that blew my mind with what he found. He’s the one who describes an event that melted huge amounts of ice that released tons of water that cut the shit out of the crust

1 Like

Yeah, he’s in the same wheelhouse as the guy I mentioned. I went through a bit of an ancient civilizations phase some years back

1 Like

It’s really so troubling the people who don’t consider what the earth has experienced without any influence of man. I studied science in college when everyone told me to study business.

I wish people spent more time in study than doing all of what is “normal” these days.

People are so gullible. They grab hold of all of the simple minded propaganda it’s just miserable.

1 Like

We see them as green, and it calms us, apparently.

Low chance of major disruption, thankfully

1 Like
1 Like

The researchers said there are “urgent requirements” to understand better the effects of space weather on the atmosphere due to the “ever-increasing amount of space objects” present in orbit.

I can’t wait for the Space Weather Channel to boot up.

1 Like
2 Likes