App for scheduling and eventually finding subs

Hi folks!
I’ve built an app!
It is basically a scheduling app for your classes, but the main function (hopefully if enough people use it) is the ability to make finding a sub easier.

It is brand new and might still have minor issues, although it is 99.4% done. Let me know if you spot any issues.

1 Like

Where is the link for iOS?

There is none.

If it becomes a mild success then I will consider paying the $5000+USD to port it over.

Is Android cheaper or do you assume that most people use Android devices. FYI, I don’t know anyone that uses Android.

marketshareandroid

5 Likes

you know me!!

What?

2 Likes

I wanted to know if creating an app and putting it up for sale in the Google Play store is cheaper than putting it in the ITunes Store.

I guess the question is, if he wrote the app himself, why would there be costs associated with putting into iOS and subsequently sell it there, too. Why $5,000 extra?

Everyone I know in real life only use iOS. I’ve seen other people use Android devices, but I don’t know them personally.

I don’t get out a lot! :unamused:

:slight_smile: A lot of people use Android! I don’t vibe with Apple products myself

1 Like

The programming languages, structures, and formats for the two are very different. I know how to create for Android, I don’t know how to create for iOS. I would have to hire a company to translate my code, which is where the cost comes from.

Instagram, for example, took 18 months after they launched in iOS before they had an Android version.

2 Likes

Which language, framework etc. do you use in Android?

If you’re quarantined or just trying to social distance yourself, finding a sub is super easy with the app. If you haven’t gotten it yet, why not?

• Free to download and set up
  • Set your class schedule, with customizable alarms
  • Find a substitute for any of your classes quickly and easily
  • Rating system to find the best applicants
  • Find work as a sub

There’s currently a promotion where if you sign up before the end of March you’ll receive a 400% bonus in credits. (Bonus drops by 100% every month until July)

Big thanks to those who have signed up!
If you haven’t yet, why not try it out? It’s free to download and even if you don’t ever need a sub, the basic scheduling features are really handy.