Appalling (or not) Scenes in the Legislative Yuan

See how civilized Taiwan is? At least it wasn’t a Molotov cocktail.

:rofl:

1 Like

7636209da492b15b5e38829dc0f3dcdc1fcfb6c0

1 Like

Get your mind out of the gutter, Jesus!

I’d love to do a soundcheck…

Get your mind out of the gutter, Milker! What’s wrong with a bit of dancing? :man_dancing::dancer:

KTV style?

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

In the Jesus picture, yes.

See it now?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51rXj4BnhGL.SX258_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

There are too many

Yes, I definitely see it now. I always suspected that Jesus invented break dancing, but now we have definitive proof! I already knew that Jesus could build hot rods, but this really ups his street cred.

He was upset because the DPP excluded aboriginal grievances from the “transitional justice” bill, and only included KMT rule from 1945 to 1992.

Wasn’t a separate aboriginal transitional justice law passed earlier this year?

Do let us know about it. Any links?

Guy

Some forumosans have expressed shock—shock!—by the brawling in the Legislative Yuan during the Chen Chu confirmation vote. How to understand this distinctly Taiwanese political phenomenon?

Happily, the awesome Frozen Garlic has stepped up to explain some of the unspoken, almost Kabuki-like rules governing scuffles in the legislature. It’s a great primer and a fun extended read. : D

Guy

5 Likes

Nice read!
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Mr. Garlic needs to hire an editor. Still, interesting stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mr Garlic is writing for free, for all of us!

I’ll take the nice rambling posts at his blog any day, but perhaps especially on a nice Sunday morning with a cup of coffee. : D

Guy

1 Like

Well, a volunteer editor in that case. :rainbow:

At least he’s not writing on his phone while working his day job in the great outdoors. :wink:

(Or is he? :thinking:)

3 Likes