Apple censors iPad engravings in Taiwan

I admire the Falun Gong for their morning excercise and meditation routines. If I joined them and had wanted to buy an iPad, I think it would be great.
It would be a reminder to get off ass, stop watching movies and get to the park.

Regardless, those words are not obscene, nor do they step on anyone’s religious or minority status.
Infact, the group should mass order ipads. Keep them or sell them at a small profit. Would Apple turn down money?

Can you legally resell a product? Could you engrave iPads yourself? Would the engravings void the warranty for problems not related to the case?
Can you legally buy, engrave and resell apple products and transfer the warranties with out being a store?

1 Like

Someone in Falun Gong? There are a lot of them. They have great street parades with the most disciplined steel bands I have ever seen. One parade I saw in Taipei had thousands of members. So i guess all of them have it engraved.

Damn, they really are a cult. :poop:

2 Likes

Good discipline. This was in Taipei.

I don’t know how true it is (after all we’re talking about Chinese propaganda), but the reason China bans Falun Gong is because they’re a cult and according to them, Falun gong tells people to commit suicide over stuff. So CCP feels they must protect the population from Falun Gong.

I mean religion isn’t exactly illegal in China but they’re regulated…

They’re a fucking cult people.

1 Like

COG is another huge cult here. They are so close with people in the Taiwan justice department that they can conduct classes inside Taiwan’s youth detention centers.:open_mouth:

Banning is ok I think, to protect kids, but not sending members to concentration camps or donating their organs.
However the CCP should ban itself first :grin:

1 Like

Except most Chinese says that FLG members are not put in concentration camps and steal their organ. So I don’t know if that is to be believed either as again, it comes from Chinese media.

It called freedom man. Thefuck you care? If thats the standard why not ban crosses, BWM logos, noke and whatever else people with too much money to waste care about expressing.

You are REALLY missing the point…which is: it is not about why would people want to engrave this on their phone (why engrave anything? Not your business, nor mine). It is absolutely about why would a government control an international company to limit its production for things such as freedom of design on their phone when it causes zero harm to environment, health, production or etc. Surely you see how this is absolutely par for the new nazi course, no?

Also not to be “that guy”, but why on earth would one of the richest US companies bend over like like a banana tree in a typhoon to a country trying to limit their business scope in other countries like Taiwan? Apple is fast becomming the western Huawei. Probably its time for companies like that to draw a line in the sand and decide which sideof tyranny they are on. I doubt the playing all sides bullshit will last forever. Or, at least, i am hopeful it wont last forever.

2 Likes

So do the Buddhists and Christians. I agree, they are a problem. But it is a basic freedom to be brainwashed sheep. Who are we to judge which cult you sign up with.

1 Like

Their organs are great as they tend to exercise and live healthier lives. I would hate to get a daoist temple owners kidneys. Too bad they are running out, now rich people need to get bargain basement poor region organs like from farmers and shit. Or, dare i say, darker skinned races, yuck. Its so hard being an elite in china these days.

Thats sarcasm, in case some didnt get it. I find it interesting how even agnostic/athiest crowds defend groups like this. I defend them as well. Dont agree with them, but its obvious who has the short end of the murder stick. Its a moral problem, not a religious one.

2 Likes

They’re a fucking cult people.

1 Like

See above. Freedom. Christians allowed. Buddhists allowed. Islam allowed. Daoist allowed. Etc.

You are still missing the point :slight_smile:

My point is there’s more important things to get our knickers in a twist over than the fact that Red China is stopping us having “Falun Gong Good” engraved on our iPads.

What about “Fuck China”? Would that be engraveable?

I think you don’t need to do that again.

1 Like

Oh it’s funny :joy:
I think a couple more times is ok :thinking:

What’s with the cult-shaming?

[quote=“crusher, post:37, topic:211359, full:true”]

Fucking cult members is not so bad, maybe fun. But be aware of whose fucking who…
The music :notes:, the incense, the exotic foods, the colors :rainbow: , the flowers in their eyes…
You may wake up to find your self halfway around the world, or in lower Philadelphia passing out flowers and keeping warm by traffic can fires.
Now I was looking for some cute illustration of tie dye or moonie clip art but stumbled across this cult…

Picture yourself as a young man at a college in New Jersey or Eastern Pennsylvania. A cute Korean exchange student who you’ve been into for a while invites you to go to her uncle’s retreat in Pennsylvania and the retreat was the place in this video… how’s this for a cult…

3 Likes

Total nutters.
I lived next to the Family in Tamsui. Aka Children of God. They used to send their kids out as prostitutes to win converts. (The original cult did, not the watered down version in Taiwan.)

1 Like