Apple G5

[quote]Today, Apple announced the PowerMac G5 – dubbed the “world’s fastest personal computer” as well as the first 64-bit personal computer.

The leaked specs were indeed accurate and Apple is offering the following configurations:

$1,999: Single 1.6GHz G5, 800MHz Bus, SuperDrive, 3 PCI, 80GB S-ATA HD
$2,399: Single 1.8GHz G5, 900MHz Bus, SuperDrive, 3 PCI-X, 160GB S-ATA HD
$2,999: Dual 2.0GHz G5, 1GHz Bus, SuperDrive, 3 PCI-X, 160GB S-ATA HD[/quote]

I’ve got till August to save my money…

I’m salviating worse thann Pavlov’s dog. My G4 rocks but its 2&1/2 years old and has logged more miles than Harlem Globetrotters.

"Oh, honey. Remeber that trip to Palau we were going to take?

Chou

But does it come in papaya color?? I won’t buy it if it doesn’t come in papaya. Or at least boysenberry.

You should insist on them selling it in chodofu color (a nice IBM-PC beige). :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha, ha, I’m actually tanned a niice golden brown.

Chou

i’ll reserve judgement on what these baby’s can do against intel/amd chips until i see them in action. but one thing that stuck me is how beautiful these things are on the inside. omg, have you see the pics of the insides? as a geek, i gotta say it’s a true work of art. if only it would come with a clear side panel to show it off. now all the wires and cables on the inside of any pc just looks freaking ugly compared to those babies.