Application from JFRV from Home Country or Taiwan?

I’d still definitely try to plead your case to NIA before organizing the trip (trying to get them to pity that it’s dangerous to travel right now) – I have read of others being successful recently.

I think pre-pandemic HK could do rush processing in 2 days (drop off on the morning of day 1 and pick up on the afternoon of day 2), but I’d probably call to see what their current rush processing status is before booking a trip. I do not believe that you can make appointments ahead of time but might be worth asking on the phone as well.

I wrote a little bit about my experience here – if you want to apply directly for the JFRV you’ll need to get an affidavit stating that your marriage is valid in the US (and have that affidavit stamped at MOFA here in Taiwan).

• I didn’t have the affidavit so got the “tourist visiting relatives visa” which is then convertible to a marriage ARC once in Taiwan (a little more expensive), but I’m not sure if they are currently issuing tourist vising relatives visa during the pandy

Also note that you’ll need a negative wuhan virus test 3 business days before your flight departs back to Taiwan