I did a search and didn’t come up with any recent information about the topic. Basically here is the situation:
I’m currently on a 60 day multiple entry visa with remarks FR (a student visa to study at Shida). I really don’t like their teaching methodology and have become rather disinterested in continuing after this semester. Since my visa is contingent upon them, if I go to extend it, I’ll have to wait until another 60 days passes to try and get a new one. That would be December 18th, after the start of new semesters at any language school here.
As such, I wanted to do a visa run to get a new 60 day visa without remarks. That way I could study at TLI, NTU or any other school. Here is the problem. My visa expires on 10/18 unless I get it extended. 10/18 is a Saturday so none of the overseas offices are open. I would have to wait until Monday morning to apply for one and pick it up Monday afternoon.
That is unless I can fly on the 16th or 17th and get a new visa then (during the work week). I could fly back before the weekend and not have to sit around waiting until Monday afternoon.
Does anyone have experience with this and can help me? Am I shooting for the moon with this plan or is it actually possible to get an overseas TECO branch to issue a new visa while there is still 1 or 2 days left of validity in an old one?