I received the following information from TECO in Bangkok by e-mail a few days ago.
[quote]Visa Procedures and Required Documents for Alien Applicants
Intending to Travel to the Republic of China (2005)
- Visitor visa: for the purpose of transit, sightseeing, attending an international meeting, visiting relatives, attending a training course, or engaging in business other activities, applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- Passport: at least six months and over of the validity.
(2) Visa Application Form.
(3) Two size 2 inches photos taken within three months.
Additional information concerning individual applicant might be required, he (she) may be requested to provide one or several of the following documents:
(4) Certificate of Employment.
Owner or person in charge of a company:
Company registration or license, original and copy one each.
(The original will be examined and returned.)
- Student: Certificate of enrollment.
(5) Certificate of financial status.
Bank deposits passbook with at least six months deposit and withdrawal records: original and copy one each. (The original will be examined and returned .)
Personal ownership of real estate or certificate of taxation can be supplementary if certificate of bank deposit is not sufficient or unavailable.
Technician dispatched by business establishments to receive short term training or skills to install machines or equipment: In addition to the L\C, invitation letter, related business correspondences (and the Permit of Sale by the authority of the Republic of China) are required for examination.
Applicants with newly issued passport is requested to present the old, out of date passports for our reference if there is one.
Resident Visa: For the purpose of joining family, pursuing studies, accepting employment, making investment, receiving medical treatment, doing missionary work or engaging in other activities, applicants are requested to provide one or several of the following documents.
Up to (5): same as mentioned as for visitor visa.
(6) Marriage Certificate and copy of the household registration in R.O.C. of the person the applicant intends to join, Certificate of enrollments, Certificate of employment or permit of working in R.O.C. issued by the Ministry of Economic Affairs or other authorized agencies.
- Matters need to know:
Visa fee: Visitor Visa: Single Entry:
(1) Individual: 1,500 Baht
(2) Group: 750 Baht (per head)
Multiple Entry 3,000 Baht
Resident Visa: Single Entry 2,800 Baht
Multiple Entry 3,800 Baht
Visa hours: Monday through Friday (except holidays)
9:00 A.M.-11:30 A.M. (for application)
12:30 A.M.-15:00 P.M. (for collecting)
Visa Office: 20th Floor, Empire Tower, 195 South Sathorn Road,Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, BTS station:Chongnonsi Tel: (02)6700200~ visa section
Submit the visa in the morning only and get the visa on the next day afternoon. If you want to get visa within one day, you are required to pay EXPRESS FEE (50% of your visa fee).The working days of group visa is from 5~10 days.
If special permission has to be granted from authorized agency, time taken of this procedure could be about 1 or 2 weeks, the expense for sending special request telegram will be charged to the applicant.
Applicants providing with all the documents mentioned above must be aware that this office reserves the right to refuse issuing visa without any explanation to them.[/quote]