Applying to Kid Castle--any recommendations?

Hello all!

I am a Canadian looking into going to teach in Taiwan. I am actually applying to Kid Castle…does any one have any feedback to give me on their schools?

Also, as I have no experience teaching I am not sure what the “right answer” would be to the two following questions they ask you to answer in the application form. Any advice?

1 - Describe a way to introduce five animals (of your choice) to a class of eight year old beginners and then suggest an activity to practice.

2- Two students are sitting next to each other joking in Chinese while you are teaching. You have already asked them to stop but to avail. Suggest at least two ways to improve the situation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Get some teacher training. Maybe even get certified. I’ll broaden your employment possibilities.

[quote=“CatMTL”]
1 - Describe a way to introduce five animals (of your choice) to a class of eight year old beginners and then suggest an activity to practice.[/quote]
Don’t be afraid to look silly. Act out the animals as you have them repeat the words over and over. Then start switching them up so they don’t know which animal is coming next. Have the draw pictures of the animal with the name written in English and Chinese.

1. Beat them (kidding)
  2. Separate them to opposite sides of the room and sitting by a girl.
  3. Have them stand at the back of the room in different corners for a while, then give them a second chance to behave. The second time have them perform a song in front of the class, like “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes”.

BTW, I taught for Kid Castle in Xindian and Yunghe about 20 years ago. It seemed to be about like any other buxiban. I was treated well and paid on time.