Appreciation for Forumosa's moderators

Dear Forumosans,

I just finished reading the “Feedback regarding Forumosa’s Moderators 2004” post in the Feedback & Announcements Forum. I was a little surprised by all of the negativity regarding the moderators. These moderators spend their free time trying to make Forumosa a better place. We should be thanking them instead of criticizing them. I know that no one is perfect, but I truly believe that they try their best. I have never had any problems with them. They have always answered my questions quickly and professionally. Please post responsibly and make the moderators job a lot easier. Cheers and thanks! :bravo:

P.S. If anyone was offended by my post, please contact your nearest moderator. :wink:

Modding is a tough gig, esp. in the opinion forums.
Inordinate amounts of time can be spent just cleaning up the detritus.
Sure, we all love to accentuate the cock-ups,
but what about the unseen subtle artistry?

It does exist.
Otherwise the site would be unusable!
Hats Off, ye unseen sirs… :star: :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the moderators - your work is much appreciated. :bravo:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Modding is a tough gig, esp. in the opinion forums.
Inordinate amounts of time can be spent just cleaning up the detritus.
Sure, we all love to accentuate the cock-ups,
but what about the unseen subtle artistry?

It does exist.
Otherwise the site would be unusable!
Hats Off, ye unseen sirs… :star: :thumbsup:[/quote]

You just posted because you wanted to use detritus

And “sirs”?
Maybe one or more of them is a chick, huh?
Or even a hot chick!?

Which one is the super one? I suspect it’s Irishstu.

I’m sorry. I can’t reveal my secret identity (you of all people should know that). I am pretty brilliant though.

I don’t feel too bad for them, they already get laid more than Santonio Holmes Jr.
Well, except for the married ones…

Iris is the hot chick.

Yes, it’s appreciated by me and Goose Egg as well. Thanks for letting them know! :notworthy:

I agree with everything the moderators have said or thought in their entire lives.

[quote=“funkymonkey”]Dear Forumosans,

I just finished reading the “Feedback regarding Forumosa’s Moderators 2004” post in the Feedback & Announcements Forum. I was a little surprised by all of the negativity regarding the moderators. These moderators spend their free time trying to make Forumosa a better place. We should be thanking them instead of criticizing them. I know that no one is perfect, but I truly believe that they try their best. I have never had any problems with them. They have always answered my questions quickly and professionally. Please post responsibly and make the moderators job a lot easier. Cheers and thanks! :bravo:

P.S. If anyone was offended by my post, please contact your nearest moderator. :wink:[/quote]

:astonished: Wow! Almost five years have passed and I still stand by everything I said.

:bravo:
To the Modulators.

If it was easy everyone could do it… :thumbsup:

Thanks @tempogain for thread splitting and other mod work. Without active moderation, this place will become unreadable.

6 Likes

Thanks to the mods this year even though I frequently got temp’d myself :smiley: I’m not familiar with this sites history but can’t have been the easiest past twelve months.

:beers:

9 Likes

I can make it so you can only post in temp threads. That will make life so much easier for us !

But thanks for the beer. I’m putting it on my tab at Nialll’s bar!!!

3 Likes

Hey there’s nothing wrong with being temped. Some of my best friends are temped regularly.

2 Likes

Though I have frequent clashes with one poster who is also a moderator (cough Mick cough), he does an excellent job as a mod, not allowing his own feelings to prevent him from being very fair and even-handed when he he wears his mod hat.
Now, if I could only budge his opinions as a poster (sigh).

7 Likes

if everyone can only post in temp threads, you may need to create a temptemp forum.

2 Likes

There used to be one, “Three Day Temp” or something… :grandpa:

Can we create a super repression thread in the temp temp forum?