Appreciation of Physical Attributes

I get your point…alhough I don’t drink beer. Unheard of I hear a foreigner who doesn’t drink beer.

Anyway the question then is why (if it does at all) do the aforementioned beer goggles seem to have a greater effect of improving the looks of asian girls as opposed to other ladies. Is it that things like facial features blur quicker than shape of urm other areas.

Sorry if these posts/his thread is/are ludicrous…must be honest need the guanxi.

Ah, but Rainman, do you look better to the xiaojies when you’re in the clubs than when you’re outside?

And could it be a case of eyes lighting up at the sight of a well-padded wallet that makes them seem more attractive than those with glazed, disinterested eyes elsewhere?

Never a truer word said I think. Nothing makes as great an improvement than that look of interest. Couldn’t stop laughing when I read post. Maybe should be crying instead.

Size of my wallet however would I’m sure surprise/disappoint any golddiggers.

Perhaps you all should try the make-up counters in any department store. The first floor is full of beautiful and cute women. Perhaps cute is not the right word, try sexy, maybe not sexy,… ah, go look for yourself

And they might try to ask you out if you buy something from them. That happened to me once.

Gotta agree with you there Boss. Feel more than a little strange though wandering around the make up area though. Guess I gotta invent someone to be buying something for…or take a female friend along.

Geniuses the people on here, I must say. Urm any particular department stores you recommend there Hoggman.

Try to buy aftershave. That was what I was there for. My wife was with me (but was checking something else out), so I treated the invitation as flattery.

Sure, there’s always an enticing bevy of xiaojies in those department store cosmetics departments – but I’m thinking more of the customers than the sales girls. The latter tend to be a little too heavily plastered in the wares they’re trying to peddle – too much so to suit my taste, though I know there are plenty of others who find that appealing. It’s hard to tell what they might look like when it all comes off (from the face, that is – the rest is easy enough for a true connoisseur to imagine). I prefer my girls au naturel, from top to bottom and in every respect.

Not to insult anyone, just my personal opinion: I do like Asian women but feel that Taiwan is not the right place for me, somewhat of a dissappointment especially when comparing to Chinese girls in Malaysia.
Of course there are some extremely nice and pretty girls around but generally speaking I am less than impressed.
Actually I do like dark skin (Malay or Thai for example). That said I like my girls “normal” or slim but definetely not skinny, with a “bit of fat” at the right places. :wink:
Not hourglass shape but 90-60-90 will do nicely. That’s cm, not inches by the way … :smiley:

I remember buying some drinks from a market stand once and the girl there took a fancy to me. I was there with my wife but the girl didn’t care, she asked my wife where I taught English and said that she would go there just to be in my class and spend some time with me. She then asked my wife “Are you worried about that?”
My wife said “No” and walked away.
My wife knows that she herself is a babe and understands that I wouldn’t even consider that girl.

In a department store, hmm, I went to one with my wife and another foreigner, the girl my wife was buying make-up from wanted to hit on the foreigner that I was with. He couldn’t speak chinese though and when she hit on him he just said “No”, she laughed , he missed his chance, I pitied him.
Not all Taiwanese women are babes, but there are a lot of them out there.

Forget the cosmetic floor, the swimsuit section is where it’s at. When shopping for a suit at Sogo I was checking out the salesclerk. She reciprocated. As I stood in the changing room wearing nothing but the suit, my gf calls to the clerk with a question about the fit. So the girl comes over, opens the door, pulls out the waistband all around while looking down the front of the suit, then pats me on the butt. I couldn’t stop thinking about that clerk teh rest of the day and have been meaning to go back and buy more swimsuits.

Were they large trunks?

Get it?

I get it. She didn’t.

I apologize for getting off topic, but reading the posts from Mother Theresa, Boss Hogg, and a couple of others, it struck me how forward the third party was being. Let me state that I see absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of self confidence, in fact I find it appealing. But to hit on someone’s boyfriend/husband in a public place, with his wife/girlfriend standing there, is just amazing to me. I think these women have been watching a lot of ‘Sex and the City’.

happens to me. i guess they feel safe in that we will not pursue the flirtation as we are being closely guarded.

ever noticed how much more attractive one is to the opposite sex in a nightclub when the old ball and chain is with?

or maybe it’s just murphy’s law or more likely my imagination :frowning:

And they can’t wait to get your telephone number… I think that they’ll rape you once they get you out of there and in somewhere private.

It’s not rape if it’s consensual. :wink:

[Apropos of Alleycat’s musing about the apparent magnetic attractiveness of ball-and-chain toting men:]

It’s partly the spice of the extra challenge and the lure of the forbidden fruit. Also, when a guy has already been “claimed” by a woman, especially if that woman is attractive, then it indicates that the guy is worth having and worth pursuing – the other woman has already done the due diligence and certified the goods. Yet again, there is the element of competition that so often arouses a woman’s interest – when a guy is unattached and available, he’s much too easy a prey, and there’s little excitement in the pursuit as he’s sure to yield all too easily. But when the guy is already taken and there’s an established rival to compete with, it makes it altogether a much more exciting proposition, a more worthy test of the would-be-usurper’s seductive powers. These and a thousand other factors all come into it, and go some way toward explaining why married men in Taiwan generally seem to have a lot more luck in attracting women and picking up girlfriends than most of their unmarried counterparts.

That was an exciting encounter, MT. I bet your wife was the main beneficiary later on, and wondered what had prompted your sudden surge of passion. I love it when things like that happen, but better away from the watchful eye of one’s other.
And MT, I hope you didn’t disappoint that xiaojie, flew the flag for us other foreign guys, and duly rose to the occasion.

Based on Omnis analysis I will from now on wear a wedding ring when going out.