APRC and Passport Renewal

My passport was due to expire, so I am renewing it. Since the passport number will be different, how does this affect my APRC. Is it no longer valid? Do I have to go in and get it updated? Or, do I just carry on as if nothing had changed?

Also, for my bank accounts and Taiwan issued credit cards, they used my passport number – I have the same questions regarding validity and updating as with the APRC.

I’d appreciate any information anyone has regarding this.

[quote=“RJF”]My passport was due to expire, so I am renewing it. Since the passport number will be different, how does this affect my APRC. Is it no longer valid? Do I have to go in and get it updated? Or, do I just carry on as if nothing had changed?

Also, for my bank accounts and Taiwan issued credit cards, they used my passport number – I have the same questions regarding validity and updating as with the APRC.

I’d appreciate any information anyone has regarding this.[/quote]

You have to update your APRC and work permit. It’s probably best to notify your bank of your new passport number in case you ever need to show your passport for verification of your identity.

Thanks for the reply and the info.