APRC and Personal Work Permit?

I just got my APRC card this morning. The APRC allows me to stay in Taiwan without a sponsor for a work visa. However, I was told that I still need to apply to a “personal” work permit if I want to work here.

Does anybody know about this process? And once you get the work permit, do you have to rely on your company to apply a permit for you again?

Sorry for asking you these questions, but as I’m going to apply for APRC very soon, could you pls tell me how long did the whole process (from submitting your application until final decision) take? Did you apply for it in TPE city or county? What are the things i have to pay attention to while preparing the documents? Thanks a lot.

[quote=“whiskas2”]I just got my APRC card this morning. The APRC allows me to stay in Taiwan without a sponsor for a work visa. However, I was told that I still need to apply to a “personal” work permit if I want to work here.

Does anybody know about this process? And once you get the work permit, do you have to rely on your company to apply a permit for you again?[/quote]

Go to the CLA. It’s a formailty.