APRC Application Checklist (part 2)

I was told on the phone that I needed FBI check from U.S. but when I went into ARC office they said only Taipei Police Check. So much easier. And sure enough that was enough, and I got my APRC.
Go into the office in person and ask someone. As I said, I was told on the phone that I needed FBI and wrote down all the 100 steps that took. But it wasn’t needed.

Excellent! That’s so much easier. Now, how do I get that? My school has got one for me in the past but I don’t know how to do it myself.

https://eli.npa.gov.tw/E7WebO/E701/E701A01A_01.jsp

2 Likes

I had an odd realization at immigration today. My time to apply is coming up soon and I went to inquire. The 2019 income requirement is $544,000. My tax payment (from the blue tax print-out) shows the consolidated taxable income (or something to that effect) is much less, but when I looked at the income statement paper my previous employer gave me, it put me several thousand over 544K, but just a bit under after tax deductions. At immigration, they looked at the big blue tax form an said I was under the minimum, but said something about a “detail list” from the tax office. I have no idea why the blue form shows my income to be so low, or what “consolidated” means here, or if this means I’m not getting an APRC.

it is your taxable income after exemptions and dedications are subtracted. They want to know your gross income before the subtraction.

1 Like

Oh, good. What do I need to prove that? I thought the usual big blue tax paper would do it. It’s funny the things you don’t look at closely until you need to.

It may be 綜合所得稅核定資料. At a tax office, you may tell them you need your tax details with your gross income, and they will know which form you need.

You can also bring the copies of your monthly salary slip or any proof of income statement like your passbook

That looks like it. I got it and it should be good to go.

One question for the experts. APRC requires applicants to have been physically in Taiwan for more than 183 days each year. If I’m correct, NIA will use the entry/exit records to check it. But what happens to those that, for instance, had their ARC approved before entering Taiwan? Will the five (or three, depending on future legislations) years be counted starting from the day that they landed in the country or from the date of approval?

It sounds like a brain fart, but it actually applies and will apply to many Gold Card holders, including myself :blush: Thanks!

You are correct. The NIA will use the computerized entry/exit records to check it.

Excellent question. My guess is that it will count when you are physically present in the country versus ARC approval date.

At any rate, won’t that simply be just a few days discrepancy? It’s certainly not months of approved ARC before actual arrival on island, is it?

Thanks for your reply!

Correct for normal ARCs because they are only issued in Taiwan so the starting date on the card is necessarily after the applicant entered the country. A bit trickier for the Gold Card, which as they call it is 4-in-1 so both application and card collection can be done from overseas. Taking my case as an example, the clock is already ticking (my Gold Card ARC was officially issued two weeks ago with expiration date in three years minus two weeks) but considering how long it takes to receive the card at the local TRO (the officer said one month at least) I doubt that I will be able to reach Taiwan before end November. And I read of others who got approved even earlier than me but are planning to move to Taiwan next year, which would create a wide discrepancy between date of issue and date of first entry.

Logically speaking, I would also say that the period calculated by NIA for APRC eligibility should start from the date of first entry. It’s the same for NHI, if I’m not wrong. Oh well :thinking:

1 Like

I just got this in the mail. First, is this an approval? It seems to be but the language is odd. Also, does it actually translate to the agency “loves” to issue permanent residency to foreigners?

1 Like

Yes, you got it…congratulations!

That character (爰 yuán) is just a fancy way of saying “therefore.”

3 Likes

Oh, I see the difference between that and 爱 now. I know they’re nice at the NIA but that seemed a bit much. So it says something like the this agency therefore issues the permit?

Yeah, pretty much. And it tells you to get in touch with the northern branch for details on how to pick it up.

They’re still nice enough to call you 台端. :bowing:

They told me when I applied to take the paper they’d mail me and my ARC to the same office and pick it up the same as an ARC. That was how I understood it. Are ARCs picked up differently?

Sounds like the ticket. And maybe bring some ID?

1 Like

Soo a as ROC Citizen’s spouse I’d need to have lived here for at least 10 years before I can apply?