APRC Application Procedures (Official Checklist)

[quote=“spaint”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]

[quote=“kaipakati”]but I could ask spouse for official gross earnings/tax statement. That sounds fairly simple. And not likely to disturb spouse too much.[/quote]Don’t you file jointly? I just give my wife all my earnings statements and she files our taxes jointly. Easier that way and both her income and my income are together on the official tax documents.[/quote]As long as you already have those copies lying around somewhere because if you don’t have any other proof and need to obtain a blue tax statement, there’s a chance you don’t have the right to get a copy of those tax documents. Depending on who your wife has filled in as the primary taxpayer and the spouse (and if she’s doing it online, it’s likely that YOU have been denoted as the spouse), you won’t be able to obtain a tax statement from the tax bureau without her signature.

[A warning for foreigners filing joint taxes

The software used to file taxes online has recently been updated to accept ARC numbers in the field reserved for the “taxpayer”, but until last year it only accepted ROC id numbers.[/quote]Spaint is right again! :notworthy: Good reminder. Filing jointly with your spouse is fine, ONLY IF your relationship with your spouse is good and not on the verge of divorce and your spouse is trying to prevent you from getting your APRC.