APRC Application Procedures (Official Checklist)

[quote=“rk1951”]
It is sooooo easy now to get your APRC. I can’t believe it! It only takes a week now to complete everything before turning in your application. I just helped three people that were too lazy before get their APRC’s last week. All the rumors are true. No more health check or criminal background check. Amazing!! All you people that have criminal records back home, haha hurry up and get your APRC before the government changes the rules again because the government probably will.

I wish we could keep your APRC’s forever even if we left the country for a year or more. I wonder if that rule will ever change.[/quote]

That rule has changed… 100% officially you just have to call them every six months and say please don’t cancel it. (from the horse’s mouth at the NIA in August) and the press release that ppl at referring to and the one I’m asking about also said the amount of time out of the country is being bumped to 5 years (don’t know when that will officially go through, but it’s been decided). I’m just desperately trying to work out if I have a spouse can they now also get an aprc.

Heard nothing.

sadness…

REALLY??? No way!! That is awesome. I need to find out if this is true! Thanks for the heads up.

Heard nothing.[/quote]

From here (quoting myself):

[quote=“Icon”]Almost a done deal!!! :banana:

[quote]TAIPEI (Taiwan News) –
The Cabinet decided Thursday to do away with a requirement that foreigners with an Alien Permanent Resident Certificate should stay in Taiwan for at least 183 days a year.
The regular weekly Cabinet meeting replaced the previous limit with the stipulation that foreign residents would lose their APRC if they stayed outside Taiwan for at least five years.

[color=#FF0000]In an effort to make the country more attractive for senior international talent, an applicant’s spouse and children would also be allowed to receive APRCs, reports said.[/color]

The package approved by the Cabinet also included a number of separate reforms which would simplify the procedures to apply for Alien Resident Certificates .
Premier Sean Chen said the reforms were an essential element of the government’s plans to make Taiwan more attractive for professionals from overseas. He expressed the hope that the Ministry of Interior would cooperate with lawmakers to approve the Cabinet measures.
[/quote]

From here:
EDIT: In Chinese
More[/quote]

[color=#FF0000]So, it is approved by the Executive Yuan, BUT HAS NOT BEEN PASSED INTO A LAW BY THE LEGISLATIVE YUAN YET! [/color]

One day APRC application in Taichung -

Foreign Affairs office police check +/- 10 minutes
Tax Office record print +/- 5 minutes
Employment record from school - asked in the morning, got it before lunch
Printed the application form and filled it in, made passport & etc. copies, took it all down to the NIA office.
Guy prints and stamps some forms, initial a couple, and he says he’ll call in +/- 2 weeks.

Awesome!

Employment record question: I’ve worked for 2 schools now, the first 2 years, this most recent 4 years. Do I have to get records from both of them to total up to 5 years? Do I have to actually go back to my old school to get this done? Or is there some other method?

Heard nothing.[/quote]

From here (quoting myself):

[quote]TAIPEI (Taiwan News) –
The Cabinet decided Thursday to do away with a requirement that foreigners with an Alien Permanent Resident Certificate should stay in Taiwan for at least 183 days a year.
The regular weekly Cabinet meeting replaced the previous limit with the stipulation that foreign residents would lose their APRC if they stayed outside Taiwan for at least five years.

[color=#FF0000]In an effort to make the country more attractive for senior international talent, an applicant’s spouse and children would also be allowed to receive APRCs, reports said.[/color]

The package approved by the Cabinet also included a number of separate reforms which would simplify the procedures to apply for Alien Resident Certificates .
Premier Sean Chen said the reforms were an essential element of the government’s plans to make Taiwan more attractive for professionals from overseas. He expressed the hope that the Ministry of Interior would cooperate with lawmakers to approve the Cabinet measures.
[/quote]

From here:
More[/quote]

[color=#FF0000]So, it is approved by the Executive Yuan, BUT HAS NOT BEEN PASSED INTO A LAW BY THE LEGISLATIVE YUAN YET! [/color][/quote]

In the revision from November 26, para 15 it only mentions this

外國人申請在我國投資移民獲准永久居留後,其配偶及未成年子女亦得申請永久居留。

So it looks like APRC for dependents is only for investors.

Rats. And in truth, we need to bring parents, too. Especially elderly ones.

[quote=“Icon”]

From here:
More[/quote]

[color=#FF0000]So, it is approved by the Executive Yuan, BUT HAS NOT BEEN PASSED INTO A LAW BY THE LEGISLATIVE YUAN YET! [/color][/quote]

See that’s what I have read too… but that could be read as all regular APRC holders or Plum blossom APRC (plum blossom is for special professional people)… hence I’m trying to get clarification that that same article. :slight_smile:

so the eligibility requirements states that I need to have 5 years of ARC but I am not clear if 2.5 yrs of ARC (tied to work) + 2.5 yrs of ARC (tied to marital status aka JFRV?) is acceptable. Can anyone clarify if that is acceptable of not to apply? Thanks

Yes, combined work ARC and JFRV time is fine. The only ARC time that doesn’t count toward APRC eligibility is student ARC time. But, you would already know this if you had taken the time to read the entire APRC thread!

Thanks Northcoast Surfer. Appreciate it. “But, you would already know this if you had taken the time to read the entire APRC thread!” I did go back probably 10 pages back but still wasn’t clear :S Reading the entire thread of 912 replies i.e. 92 pages would need me to take entire week off from work. Nevertheless I really appreciate your reply. Thanks again.

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Greetings my esteemed Forumosans,

Allow me to add that an American client of mine also submitted his APRC application without the need for a health check or the FBI background check (which he had already gone through the trouble to obtain). He isn’t required to submit either because he hasn’t been out of Taiwan for over 3 months in a single trip in the past 5 APRC qualifying years.

When: Thursday November 29, 2012
Where: Zhong-He NIA
Agent: Bonnie Chung
Approval date: [color=#FF0000]Personal phone call received on 12-17-2012. Approved. Will be picking up his APRC on Wednesday 12-19-2012![/color] 14 working days would make it approximately December 19. I will change the date once he receives the official APRC approval letter.

Bonnie Chung of the New Taipei City NIA office in Zhong-He respectfully asks that anyone looking to submit an APRC application or pick up their card once it’s been approved to please phone ahead of time and make an appointment. Please, please, no drop ins! Since this new rule regarding criminal background checks and health checks changed, the flood gates have been opened and she’s getting slammed with APRC applications. The more we help her, the more she will help us. Shout out to Bonnie! Thanks for everything!

So far, so good. :bow:[/quote]

I’m very pleased to report to everyone that my client received a personal phone call from Bonnie Chung at the Zhong-He NIA office on Monday 12-17-2012. APRC approved! He will be picking up his APRC on Wednesday 12-19-2012!

No health check and no pain in the ass FBI background check was required! :bravo:

Can anyone who has applied for an APRC in the past 1/2 year comment on how many years of tax statements now need to be submitted? Does income have to surpass the minimum for all of those years or just the past year?

Just the past year before applying.

Having applied for the APRC on November 19th, was finally told today that my application has been approved. They are taking longer than usual due to the volume of applicants since the rule changes.
No medical check, no criminal check from own country required.

Just the past year before applying.
[/quote]

Thanks for the intel NCS. Actually, in many jobs here there is strong pressure from the company to under-report… so… :ponder:

[quote=“VRBaddict”]Having applied for the APRC on November 19th, was finally told today that my application has been approved. They are taking longer than usual due to the volume of applicants since the rule changes.
No medical check, no criminal check from own country required.[/quote]
Wow, it seems in the past the approvals have taken only a couple of weeks. I hope it settles down by my turn in May.

It took three weeks from the interview to get my approval letter and I have to wait two weeks more to pick my APRC. It’s taking longer, but after five years, I can wait a couple of extra weeks.