APRC mess

I still don’t get it…went to the FA police service center to ask about APRC
application process, got a list of documents from them, it seems that the average monthly income of 31,680NT$ is required for the last year only, not for the last 3 years…
But the main point…i still don’t understand, many people here ask whether they can do a volunteer work or change their job if they have APRC…I guess APRC status gives you the right to work anywhere in Taiwan or not to work at all, otherwise what’s the point in preparing so many papers and wasting 10000NT$ if APRC is not different from normal ARC!!!

[quote=“todos”]I still don’t get it…went to the FA police service center to ask about APRC
application process, got a list of documents from them, it seems that the average monthly income of 31,680NT$ is required for the last year only, not for the last 3 years…
But the main point…I still don’t understand, many people here ask whether they can do a volunteer work or change their job if they have APRC…I guess APRC status gives you the right to work anywhere in Taiwan or not to work at all, otherwise what’s the point in preparing so many papers and wasting 10000NT$ if APRC is not different from normal ARC!!![/quote]

It isn’t the APRC which allows you to change your jobs or do volunteer work, but the Open Work Permit you get at a different office after you get your APRC. The APRC just lets you stay here and be a bum for life if you want.

It is just another example of Taiwanese government inefficiency. No one knows what the rules are … and of course that doesn’t really matter UNITL YOU GET PICKED UP BY THE POLICE !!