APRC New Taipei City Address change?

Since the big name change, has there been any announcement of whether we have to go get our APRC address changed? If so, is there a timeframe that it’s required to be done in?

[quote=“Naughtius”]Since the big name change, has there been any announcement of whether we have to go get our APRC address changed? If so, is there a timeframe that it’s required to be done in?[/quote]That is an excellent, excellent question. I would guess that the answer is probably going to be OF COURSE! And that would also require a visit to the BEVT to also update our Open-Work Permits in order to have the same address as our APRCs! What an effing WASTE of time!

Wait…wait a tic…if APRC holders have to update their addresses, then the people holding ARCs would also have to do it, too! So…I’m guessing that the NIA wouldn’t want or need the additional work load and will just change it in the computer systems and update our cards at a later date. Probably…No wait…I know…they will fix it the Chabaduo Taiwanese way…wait for it…STICKERS! A quick shitty job which requires very little effort! :roflmao:

I’ll call the Banqiao NIA tomorrow and ask them what the deal is going to be regarding the New Taipei City designation and our addresses. Hoping for good news… :pray:

:astonished:

If you call them, it might give them ideas. best to stay silent. :slight_smile:

I’m so glad I live in Taipei City…

[quote=“cfimages”]If you call them, it might give them ideas. best to stay silent. :slight_smile:[/quote]Hmmmm…Ok brothers and sisters…let’s vote on it. Should I call the NIA tomorrow and request information regarding the Taipei County to New Taipei City designation, or should I stay silent. I hear and obey!
:popcorn:

You know what I think? Well,I’m going to tell you anyway…

I bet they haven’t even thought of the ARC and APRC holders of Taipei County and whether or not we should be required to update our addresses to reflect New Taipei City. Probably hasn’t even crossed their “minds”! :roflmao:

All postal forms still say Taipei County… product labels… commercial signs… I say let sleeping dogs rest.

I’ve been amazed by just how many official signs have already been changed to “New Taipei City”. If there’s an actual problem with a sign (e.g., misspelling, wrong romanization system, arrow pointing the wrong way), then that could take forever to fix. But if it’s a matter of putting up a new name that’s patronizing to foreigners and downright stupid, then that gets the fast track. :bluemad:

My vote is for “don’t give 'em any ideas – you know they’ll just make things harder and/or screw them up.”