APRC - one year off?

Hi there,
I’ve recently secured an APRC, and on the back it says that it only comes into effect the year after it is issued. This means that for the first year, I am told, you don’t have to be in Taiwan for 183 days of the year, only from the second year onwards.
Can anyone confirm that this is the case? My visa officer herself verified this, but as always, its better to hear the true story here…

[quote=“jamesmiller”]Hi there,
Can anyone confirm that this is the case? My visa officer herself verified this, but as always, its better to hear the true story here…[/quote]

Yeah you ask a bunch of furriners who don’t work in the Visa office for advice to over rule a visa officer…

You cna come back in a year and let us know. :smiley:

If only I held a visa or an ARC for this island I would unerstand better. I have neither.

The 183-day rule starts for APRC from January 1st of the following year the APRC was issued.

Greetings
Tom

Thanks Tom,
Appreciated. One last mitigating question might be that I’ve already used my APRC for the purpose of entering and exiting Taiwan this year, the year of issue. That wouldn’t effect things you think?
Regards,
James