APRC question - crime check

To get an APRC you need a criminal record check for the
previous 5 years.
I have been here without break for 6 years.
Do I still need it ? - a big hassle to get from South Africa.
Thanks

Yes, you still need it.

Yes, and it is a big hassle for everyone from everywhere, so join the club. It is the only biggie hurdle, but you can make it! Go for the APRC! To freedom!

[quote=“bigmoose”]To get an APRC you need a criminal record check for the
previous 5 years.
Thanks[/quote]

South Africa? I thought Riverdale was Stateside?

South Africa? I thought Riverdale was Stateside?

???

Riversdal maybe? Daar doer in die Kaap, waar die mense hou om wyn te drink.

I just realised that I might got a huge problem there for my APRC, last time I checked the authoroties back in Austria told me that they wouldn’t give you a crime check if you didn’t live there within the last 3 years. I am almost 5 years here, so obviously they wouldn’t have anything withing this 5 years over there anyway.
Sorry, falling back in old faults of mine, using logic while dealing with govermental offices…

[quote=“mingshah”]I just realised that I might got a huge problem there for my APRC, last time I checked the authoroties back in Austria told me that they wouldn’t give you a crime check if you didn’t live there within the last 3 years. I am almost 5 years here, so obviously they wouldn’t have anything withing this 5 years over there anyway.

Sorry, falling back in old faults of mine, using logic while dealing with govermental offices…[/quote]

You can write to the Federal Police and ask them. I had left Australia for over 5 years when I did my Police Record check. I grew up and resided in Canberra ACT thats why it’s a federal not a state police check. My police check covered from when I turned 18 to the date of issue.

However I was required to do hand and fingerprints so I had to go back to Canberra to do this. I got it very quickly then took it to get the proper notorizations. I had to fly to Melbourne back then as there was no Taiwan office in Canberra at that time. I spent 2 weeks in Australia sorting out my paper work when I first applied for my ARC based on Marriage.

OK now that was way back in 1990 so of course things may have changed since then.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“mingshah”]I just realised that I might got a huge problem there for my APRC, last time I checked the authoroties back in Austria told me that they wouldn’t give you a crime check if you didn’t live there within the last 3 years. I am almost 5 years here, so obviously they wouldn’t have anything withing this 5 years over there anyway.

Sorry, falling back in old faults of mine, using logic while dealing with govermental offices…[/quote]

You can write to the Federal Police and ask them. I had left Australia for over 5 years when I did my Police Record check. I grew up and resided in Canberra ACT thats why it’s a federal not a state police check. My police check covered from when I turned 18 to the date of issue.

However I was required to do hand and fingerprints so I had to go back to Canberra to do this. I got it very quickly then took it to get the proper notorizations. I had to fly to Melbourne back then as there was no Taiwan office in Canberra at that time. I spent 2 weeks in Australia sorting out my paper work when I first applied for my ARC based on Marriage.

OK now that was way back in 1990 so of course things may have changed since then.[/quote]
Don’t think so. Austria is still part of Europe, as far as I know. :laughing:

oops your quite right Sandman. My glasses not so clear today on the speed reading tests.

It’s ok, happens to me all the time with TAIWANESE… :smiley:

Bloody hell eh?

[quote=“bigmoose”]To get an APRC you need a criminal record check for the
previous 5 years.
Thanks[/quote]

Can’t remember the exact procedure I had to follow a year or so ago when I got my APRC, and the check was a bit of a hassle but far from insurmountable. I didn’t go back to SA to get it. The first step is to have your fingerprints taken at the South African office in Taipei. Then mail them off to the appropriate South African station.

Anyway, all well worth the hassle to have the APRC. Good luck.

Is there a central office to send to, or does it have to be in your neighborhood?
Does the Office in Taipei know where etc etc?
Thanks

[quote=“bigmoose”]Is there a central office to send to, or does it have to be in your neighborhood?
Does the Office in Taipei know where etc etc?
Thanks[/quote]

There are limited places to send your fingerprints to. I remember them giving me two places - perhaps CT and Pretoria. But things change.

So give them a call and check.