APRC requirements

In regards to the APRC requirements, what does tax exempt mean? what if your a housewife, with a JVRC and don’t work??
Then how does one apply for a APRC without paying taxes? AND OPTION B $ 414720nt How long does it need to be in the the bank?
1 year or just for the paperwork to be filed and dealt with??

[quote=“applegirl”]In regards to the APRC requirements, what does tax exempt mean? what if your a housewife, with a JVRC and don’t work??
Then how does one apply for a APRC without paying taxes? AND OPTION B $ 414720nt How long does it need to be in the the bank?
1 year or just for the paperwork to be filed and dealt with??[/quote]Here are the financial requirements in order to qualify for an APRC.

1. Declared annual income of $420,000 NTD or higher for the previous tax year.

or

1. A bank deposit of at least $414,720 NTD in a bank account for a minimum of 1 year without dropping below the $414,720 threshhold for every single day of that year.

or

1. The ability to show at least $5 million NTD in cash or assets, or a combination of cash and assets.

In your case, I would go for option 2 or option 3. Option 3 is a real P.I.T.A. because the NIA won’t take your word for it that you meet the requirements and you’ll have to submit official property appraisals, etc. However, if you haven’t kept a minimum balance of $414,720 NTD for every single day in a 1 year period, then you’ll need to use option 3 instead. The good thing about option 3 is that you can count all the assets owned by your husband and/or your husband’s mother and father. I assume your husband is Taiwanese?

Option 3 is the preferred method for Taiwanese men who marry mail order brides and then apply for JFRV status for their wives. Most of the Taiwanese men out here on the north coast who marry Vietnamese women need to show their parents farm land holdings in order to qualify for the JFRV because their annual income amounts aren’t usually sufficient to qualify under the other options.

Can’t you show your guesthouse business as sufficient assets to qualify or don’t you have that anymore?

As for your “Tax Exempt” question above…I need more details because I’m not sure what you mean by that.

I hope this helps.

Northcoast Surfer, thanks very much for your explaination… clear as a bell!!
YES OPTION 2 is very easy to do.
applegirl