Apu was (allegedly) KILLED!

I’m watching Phineas and Ferb with my daughter and there’s a character called Baljeet. He’s an immigrant (judging by his accent) from the Indian subcontinent who is a nerdy kid who is obsessed with exam scores.

Hmmmm, I wonder when this is going to become a Twitter storm?

Send a mail to salon, huffpost etc etc, it’s a slow period for news and they are forced to recycle anything about Trump, I’m sure they’ll get on this like flies on a freshly laid turd.

Well it finally happened guys! Now I can reverse @yyy’s title edit. :rofl:

Thank you, come again!

‘Simpsons’ should have been cancelled twenty years ago anyway. A lot of the voice cast has already passed away.

1 Like

And people wonder why some hate the Left…

F*** PC and F*** CA.

And by CA I mean both of them. :wink:

The jokes have been horrible for years. The old seasons were all about witty double meanings and references… the new stuff isn’t witty at all

2 Likes

Luckily we have Rick and Morty.

Have they tried turning him off and then back on again?

FIFY :wink:

Wow. I’m out of the loop. I just thought @bojack just had his own unique username.

Thanks for making me aware of its existence. Now I have something to do during Chinese New Year.

Hopefully it lives up to the R&M comparison.

1 Like

I bet they don’t kill him. I bet they get an Indian actor to voice him with a more Americanized accent, say he took pronunciation lessons, and move on.

Maybe they can make him like Latka

How do you know he doesn’t like Latka already?
Everyone likes Latka.

Not when he changed voices. That’s the point.

It’s a GIF, man, there ARE no voices.
Yeesh :roll:

tenor

2 Likes

Trump Simpsons WRONG

Missing =/= dead. Re-reverting edit now… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wouldn’t put it past them to kill the character. Marcia Wallace and Phil Hartman’s characters were killed instead of replacing their voices. Even if the voice was replaced, he’s dead as we know him.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a horse…we gotta problem.

1. Phil and Marcia’s characters were retired because the actors died, not the other way around. Edna’s ghost appeared in 2017, and Lionel Hutz (not dead!) still appeared in Simpsons comics as recently as 2018.

2. You’re forgetting it’s a soap opera. It’s a well known fact that if a show runs long enough, any long lost character will turn up eventually, even when (allegedly) abducted by aliens like George Shumway. :rainbow:

1 Like

Right. But for a show that is reluctant to replace voice actors…you really think they would cast someone as what everyone recognises as Apu?