Apu was (allegedly) KILLED!

Apu was KILLLED today after people at The Simpsons decided to avoid any “controversy” despite that everyone on the show is a caricature of a group of people one way or another.

All I can say is… Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart? I do.

An obvious victim of the South Asian Convenience Store Owners Lobby.

3 Likes

This pisses me off beyond belief.

This video IMO sums up how most normal people should feel about the situation.

TLDW- Apu has 30 years of character development and is one of the most flushed out and emotionally developed characters on the simpsons. If you think it’s a racist stereotype you’re a dumbass.

https://youtu.be/F68l9FozxJ8

5 Likes

Is he still riding a yellow cab?

2 Likes

Apu unironically has the best car in Springfield.

In before someone mentions Snakes car.

1 Like

Let’s get rid of the one prominent, positive and successful South Asian character on prime time network TV because an unfunny “comedian” made a hack documentary blaming said character for all the racism he has ever encountered. Don’t forget to get rid of Groundskeeper Willie next, guys. Some Scots are probably crying into their kilts as we speak. :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

This was also my first thought!

1 Like

Lisa : When will all those fools learn that you can be perfectly healthy simply eating vegetables, fruits, grains and cheese?

Apu : Oh, cheese!

Lisa : You don’t eat cheese, Apu?

Apu : No, I don’t eat any food that comes from an animal.

Lisa : Oh, then you must think I’m a monster!

Apu : Yes, indeed, I do think that. But I learned long ago, Lisa, to tolerate others rather than forcing my beliefs on them. You know you can influence people without badgering them always. It’s like Paul’s song, ‘Live and Let Live.’

Wow, sure glad they decided to kill off this “Apu” character. Talking about tolerance and not forcing your beliefs on people. Yikes! That’s not a message I want to hear in 2018!

6 Likes

What are you talking about? He never drove a cab.

It’s a joke. There’s a character on ICRT called Afu and he drives a yellow cab.

1 Like

I was getting steaming mad. LOL

1 Like

i, errrr… my friend used to cringe hearing those short lessons on ICRT

1 Like

The elephant in the room is how can there be comedy cartoon characters who aren’t stereotypes?

4 Likes

That one went right over my head. So glad I don’t listen to that poor excuse for a radio station…

How can there even be comedy that doesn’t offend someone.

6 Likes

The only comedy that can do that is comedians who take the piss out of themselves. Pretty limited material, though.

I maintain that Matt Groening made a deal with the devil so that he could see into the future, but in return he has to allow The Simpsons to stay on the air evermore, even as it becomes total crap.

Even they will end up being called Uncle Toms or similar labels.

2 Likes

It seems more racist to get rid of the Indian guy.

2 Likes

It’s normal that not everyone is gonna be happy about this kind of representation. Some will enjoy it, some will find it offensive. But they are usually so much more than just a racial stereotype with a bad accent. They are funny, interesting, lovable. A few others come to mind:

Image result for mr hyunh hey arnold

1 Like