ARC 6 month extension after graduation

I already read some of the posts around here. The thing is that next week im getting my ARC back after applying for the 6 month extension with my Diploma for the purpose of looking for job during that period of time.

My question is, are you allow to work during that 6 month period? or is it merely for you to spend it looking to be hired?

Permission to work depends on whether or not you have a work permit, unless you have an exemption (e.g. through marriage).

1 Like

If a work permit for you is issued, you can start working before switching your ARC from 6 month extension to employment based one.

1 Like

I think it’s just an extension for your ARC. You don’t get a work permit. You need to find a job to get a work permit.

1 Like

Exactly, unless for some reason you have a student work permit that’s still valid, but afaik an ARC extension would not extend the validity of your WP.

1 Like

If I can’t find a job, my job seeking ARC will expire in the end of June, does anyone know if I apply to study a master’s degree would I get another extension before I receive my ARC to study a master’s? I’m asking because my ARc expires in June but next year’s fall semester starts in September, so there are a few months in between

you will have to leave the country and apply for a resident visa and re apply for a new arc once you are inside the country again. However I do not know if its ok for you to apply for a master and start in spring semester while you’re still in extension.

But my visa is still the same, I shouldn’t be required to get a new one if it’s actually a resident visa for studying.

When I graduated in jun 2017 i got a 6 month extension that ended on december 31st of the same year. I got admited to a master degree that started in february of 2018 and they told me they cannot give me an extension of an arc that is already an extension. when you change your arc to a job seeking extension the residence purpose changes so you are not under the same visa anymore.

I see, thank you, maybe now it’d be different cause now we can ask for another 6 months which are technically another extension, so at least in theory, they should be able to extended a few months more.