ARC advice

Hi just looking for some advice in regards to an ARC. My wife is holding an ARC and working in Taiwan. Apparently I am able to apply for an ARC as well which will be sponsored by her so that I can stay here as well for the term of her employment. But I want to work as well am I able to work under my ARC as well or not or should I be applying for something different.

Please help I am very confused I have been to the Immigration Agency and as much as they tried to explain to me it got lost in translation to english.

thank you

The ARC you’ll get through your wife does not allow you to work. To work here legally you need to go through the same hiring process as any other foreigner in Taiwan.
Only people married to Taiwanese nationals get an open work permit with their spousal visas.