ARC application -- is a lease required?

I’m applying for my ARC. I’m living with my girlfriend in Taipei with her family. The school I work for says it’s easier to give a fake lease agreement than to just say I’m living with my girlfriend on the forms for where I’m staying. Is this true? What’s required?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Not faking a lease

Anybody an expert on ARC labor laws?

I’m sure it’s easier. That’s not the issue.

I’m I suppose to rent an apartment just to get an arc?

It’s my company that’s telling me to lie. It seems like they would know what they are doing?

That’s up to you whether you want to assume that or not. You can’t get the ownership papers? That seems ideal. If they ever go down a paper trail and find out your lease isn’t real, it may be you that pays the price for submitting a false document and not the school.

I can’t get a photocopy of the ownership deed from my girlfriends parents. It looks like I have to rent an apartment or fake rent an apartment. It seems those are my only options?

I’m stressing out and don’t know what to do. The school wants me to lie but my GF says I’ll get in trouble.

I wouldn’t want it hanging over my head. Can your GF rent you a room? That would be documented income for her with a tax reporting requirement, is the only thing.

Get my GF to rent out a room to me? Is this seriously the only way? How has nobody else run into this problem before?

Most people rent a place.

1 Like

I can’t be the only person to stay with a GF/BF when applying for an ARC? This seems like some a dumb thing.

If they did, they probably could get the lease agreement or ownership papers. Maybe you could call up the Info for Foreigners in Taiwan hotline and find out what the exact reporting requirement is at 0800-024-111

1 Like

It should be OK, your girlfriend just need to provide proof or letter that you’re living with her.

LMAO

Don’t trust the “school” my dude. Any shit you get in will come back on you and not the school. My advice would be to get your girlfriend to go with you and yell at some government lacky until you get the answers your looking for. DO NOT lie to anyone.

Or do this.

Assuming that your employer knows what they’re doing is always a huge mistake.

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Anatomical comment of the day

Explain to your GF the situation and ask her if her parents can give you a lease. Go to 7/11, get one of those generic leases, fill it out, put down what ever amount you want (it can be $1 if you want), sign it, have them sign it and voila! You have a real lease. Nothing fake about that.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Debate of the Millennium

Usually in this situation, you take the actual lease to the immigration office along with a letter from the leaseholder stating that you live there. I’ve had roommates do this before and it was as simple as that. That was years ago, though. I’d try that before trying anything fancy.

1 Like