Arc, aprc, jfrv?

My Taiwanese wife and I were married 34 years ago in Taiwan. We’re retired now and considering living part time in Taiwan. We plan to maintain our stateside home and commute. Being one of very limited patience, does anybody out there think it would be worth the hassle for me to obtain any of these documents or, could I /should I just try for the longest stay multi entry visa I can get? The 183 day rule might become a problem in qualifying for permanent residency since we do considerable traveling. However, it would also be convenient if we decided at some point we wanted to stay for 6 months or more.

Any suggestions or options would be greatly appreciated.

Unlike an APRC, an ARC based on a JFRV is not difficult to get. I’d recommend you apply for one. The details of how to do so, are all on this forum.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Unlike an APRC, an ARC based on a JFRV is not difficult to get. I’d recommend you apply for one. The details of how to do so, are all on this forum.

Brian[/quote]

Well, after visiting the TECO & BOCA sites and not even getting into the APRC, Thailand is starting to look better. The only drawback there being property ownership. Well, not the only drawback. They have a lot of hoops to jump thru as well. I think I’ll just stick with the 60 day visa and extend if needed. Any idea how many times I can do that before I get cut off? Or do they even care? Thanks

up to 180 days on a tourist visa - original plus 2 extensions.