ARC Extension - 6 months

Iirc, ending the contract on the intended date instead of an earlier date should not be a problem.

Have you already been out of work for a while? I seem to recall someone posting in another thread that the NIA will only accept termination of employment as a valid reason for an ARC extension up to a certain number of days after termination.

No I haven’t, my current contract ends July 31st and the new one starts the next day August 1st.

So I will go to NIA tomorrow to extend my ARC.

I’m confused, then why do you need an extension then? your new job starts the day after, so you’re covered.

I presume he means a contract rollover in which case you still need a certificate of employment to extend the ARC.

yeah, that’s right, you need to get all that for when you switch, I guess I took it as extension, like the 6 month between job extension, not thinking about the new employer “extension”, not sure if extension is a good term for that situation.

form

Well, ARC EXTENSION is the only option I can choose right.

My current contract, work permit and ARC expire next month. Does anyone have experience of applying for the 6 month extension as their current ARC expires? Rather than being fired/leaving their job early.

You just get the termination letter and apply saying you haven’t found a new job yet.

OK thanks. I was wondering if I would need the termination letter (cancel contract agreement?), since I’m technically just reaching the end of a contract rather than canceling anything.

You at least need a certificate of employment stating your period of employment. You need this even for a normal extension.

Exactly: a 服務證明書 or 離職證明書, or if that’s not possible, a 在職證明書 that includes the termination date.