ARC Extension and scooter license?

If I quit my job, apply for the 6 month visa extension, can I still take the scooter test after that?

Or do I need to take the scooter test and get the license before quitting my job and applying for ARC extension?

As long as you have an ARC you can get the license as far as I know. They don’t care the type of ARC, just that it is a valid one

I thought the ARC needed to have a validity of at least one year?

DMV site says ARC needs to have over 6 months validity, so OP might only have one shot at the exam (at most). I’d try to get the license before bailing, but I also failed the driving test twice…