ARC Health Check

I am getting an ARC through the school I teach at.

What’s the process, exactly? Do I need any documents from the school to get the health check done? Do I need an appointment? Where do I go??? How long will it take (my current ARC expires on the 25th March)?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Stray Dog

Go to tealit.com Although some opinions say otherwise, they have some good information about this kind of stuff.

Stray Dog:

1, Your school applies at local Department of Labour (DOL) (about a week to receive confirmation papers)

2, Heath check (I went to Ren Ai (road) hospital NT$630, I think) You can do this while waiting for the DOL. No documents required, except passport. No appointment. 8 days wait for report. You must go back to pick it up. Opening times are strange - ring before you go, or check web. (photos required)

3, When you get the “Yes” from both DOL and health report, take all the documents plus a letter of employment to the FAP. Remember passport!

4, Apply for ARC. $NT1000 (photo required)

Hints, have at least 6 passport photos handy for the multiple form filling. I’ve just done mine, bear in mind it was over Chinese New Year, all in all it took about 4-5 weeks.

Get crackin’ and don’t worry. This is my third ARC and I still hate doing 'em, and forget the process every year!

Edit
[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/renewing-an-arc/14032/1 here![/url]

Hope this helps,

L :smiley:

Hey, thanks Limey! I appreciate it.

I wish I coulda saved that Curly Wurly for you now. :frowning:

[quote]3, When you get the “Yes” from both DOL and health report, take all the documents plus a letter of employment to the FAP. Remember passport!

4, Apply for ARC. $NT1000 (photo required) [/quote]

Unless it’s changed recently, you have to first take all the papers to MOFA (foreign affairs). When they’ve done with it, you take it all to the police.

DOL - work permit
MOFA - visa
FAP - ARC

Brian

:doh:

No MOFA for me, but mine was a simple renewal…or my boss delt with it :unamused:

Yeah, renewal shouldn’t need MOFA becuase the visa they give you is valid as long as you have a valid ARC,

See, told you I was…er…what’s that word…

Forgetful!

Good luck Stray dog.

You can give any proof you think they’ll take.

Yup. Brought my phone bill along.

Nope, but I live in Taipei County. If that’s any help.

I just brought them a bill.

I have never needed to prove that I lived where I said I did.

You might want to remember that you need at least 3 passport-sized photos (all have to be the same) for your health check. There’s a photo machine near the front desk of where you get your paperwork for the health check if you go to Ren Ai Municipal Hospital.