ARC HELP-->Its expiring and i'm getting different answers

My ARC is expired on April 20th,2006.

How many days after that day do I get? I heard from a friend who tutors a FAP officer, that I get 7 days grace. Is this true? No fine, no nasty stamp?

Thanks in advance

[quote=“Glamit”]My ARC is expired on April 20th,2006.

How many days after that day do I get? I heard from a friend who tutors a FAP officer, that I get 7 days grace. Is this true? No fine, no nasty stamp?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Grace for what?

No. It is conceivable they might give you an extension in special circumstances, but I wouldn’t count on it. If you want to find out, go and ask the police in advance, don’t wait and see what happens!

grace(no fine no nasty stamp)

Are you working or studying? If you pitch up with a letter from your boss or whatever relevant party that you need an extension BEFORE your ARC actually expires you can get an extension. Overstaying without letting them know first is just stupid. Unless you plan on leaving permanently and not coming back for a while.

so if my boss helps me get an extension. do they actually need to process work papers? Or is the letter okay

If you lose your job, your employer is supposed to notify the CLA. The CLA will then review your case (7-10) days, and then they will notify the Foreign Affairs Police. The police will then notify you (this can take a few days) and then you have seven days to leave. So in practice you may have two or three weeks before you have to leave under this scenario if you know when your employer has notified the CLA.

I’m not sure what happens when your ARC just expires though.

I wasn’t sure if you were applying for a new ARC or just planning to leave permanently a bit after your ARC expires or what the scenario is. In the case of the letter…that works if you are in the process of re-applying for an ARC and it won’t arrive on time (mine once took more than a month). In that case the letter from the boss is OK. It has worked for me twice. But you still need to process the new working permit and residence stuff to get your new ARC.

It’s just for an extension. It doesn’t replace actually getting an ARC, but it buys you some time and you don’t have to leave the country while you’re waiting. I still don’t really know what your case is, so I guess I’ll bow out and leave those more in the know to deal with all that.