ARC lost in my hometown

Hi, I’m a Chinese overseas student from Indonesia, My ARC was lost in Bali and I’ve already reported to our local police and got the police receipt of the report on lost documents. I even already prepared a Chinese sworn translator to translate the receipt. Is it enough for me to re-issue my lost ARC in Taiwan later? Should I legalize the translated receipt in our local TETO(Taiwan Economic Trade Office)? Or do you think they would give me some stamps on the translated receipt without legalizing it? I’m afraid because I will flight to Taiwan next week and I don’t have so much time to prepare all the requirements to legalize the receipt :sob:

It would be a good idea to contact them and ask and also the airline you are travelling with. You will need some evidence that you have the right to travel to Taiwan before the airline will let you board, contact them and confirm what they will accept.

1 Like

The page below says

Lose your ARC in other country:

1. Those who from the countries which are eligible for the visa exemption program, you can apply for ARC after you arrive in Taiwan.
  2. Those who need visa to enter Taiwan, please apply for resident visa abroad.

http://international.cgu.edu.tw/files/11-1016-2886-1.php?Lang=en

If you lost ARC in Taiwan, you can apply for reissuance. It may be worth to ask TETO or NIA whether you need a resident visa, or visitor visa or entry permit is ok.