ARC overstay abroad - return need special visa to extend ARC?


the child of my boss has overstayed her ARC on holiday in Germany. They are bound to come back next week. Her parents ARC is still valid. Does their daughter need a 30 day visitor visa (granted from a Taiwanese office abroad) to get her ARC extended again or can they do that just with the landing visa? Or can they get some other visa on arrival here in Taiwan?

Anybody similar experience?