ARC question?

I have multiple questions if anyone (without speculation) could anwser for me please. If I have an ARC and want to relocate to another school (without finishing the 1 year contract) …

1. Do I need a letter of release from my current school ?
  2. Is there a government format (obtainable from where?) or do the school draw up such a letter ?
  3. Can the school refuse to sign the letter even if there is no way I will contnue to work for them ?
    4)What to do if they refuse to sign ?
    5)What are my rights in such a situation ?
    6)Can the school keep money from me if I quit before my contract finishes (the contract states nothing about it) ? A friend is in such a situation (employers also lawyers) and they WILL keep NT$50 000 (!!??) because of some kind of law, is this even possible and can they do that ?
    7)If I relocate I have to go to Hong Kong on a visa run. Will it count against me that I have previous ARC/multiple entry visa in my passport ? (obviously cancelled by then)

Answer by number if possible, just makes it easier
Thanx. Franz.

1. Do I need a letter of release from my current school ?

Yes. Your new school can’t hire you unless the previous school releases you.

1. Is there a government format (obtainable from where?) or do the school draw up such a letter ?

This is normally done by the school.

1. Can the school refuse to sign the letter even if there is no way I will contnue to work for them ?

Yes, they can. But they only tend to do that if you leave them on bad terms.

4)What to do if they refuse to sign ?

Sorry, not sure.

5)What are my rights in such a situation ?

Again, sorry (I did say this was a partial answer!)

6)Can the school keep money from me if I quit before my contract finishes (the contract states nothing about it) ? A friend is in such a situation (employers also lawyers) and they WILL keep NT$50 000 (!!??) because of some kind of law, is this even possible and can they do that ?

Normally, I would have said that if it is not stipulated in the contract, you’d have no worries. Maybe your friend’s lawyer boss knows better, though. Richard?

7)If I relocate I have to go to Hong Kong on a visa run. Will it count against me that I have previous ARC/multiple entry visa in my passport ? (obviously cancelled by then)

This should not have any bearing on your visa eligibility.