ARC question

Hi everyone,
I have a question related to ARC and working permit.
My ARC is on study purpose, and it’ll be expired in August. But now I graduate early than others and will get my certification at the end of this month, I still have 6 months left.
In this case, if I’m leaving Taiwan in February for vacation, when I get back, is my ARC still validated?

I would you suggest you discuss it with the Immigration office.

I think so. Your ARC is valid for a period of time, and you’re allowed to go in and out during that time (for not very long periods of time, but I’m not sure about this).

I also know a case like yours, and she did fine. However, you can drop by immigration and ask…

You definetively should go to NIA and make sure that you have their decision IN WRITING. As a student, you do have teh right to at least 6 month for soul searching and partying ehem, looking for ajob and or getting your affairs in order, but that is NOT automatic. Nothing is automatic here. Do not assume. If possible, get a written extention. Should be pretty easy.

Otherwise, when you come back, it will be on a visa on arrival basis, which can be a bit effy if you lose your NHI and other stuff, not to mention an annoyance if you already had an ARC.

It could be possible that your school report to NIA the cancellation of your ARC after your graduation. It is safe you go to NIA before your graduation, and do the procedure of 6-month extension for a graduate. As everyone ssaid.