Arc transfer between companies(not schools)

I am employed by a construction company nad have found a new job which will also provide me with an ARC. can i just do a ARC transfer from one to the other, and most importantly do i have to leave the country to do so? My current ARC expires in december, so if i do a transfer can they extend it at the same time?
Thanks in advance

Sorry i can’t help ya, but i’m very interested on how things will turn out for you… i can picture myself in your situation within six months time and would like to know how it turns out, thx!

I’ve changed jobs a couple of times in the last five years or so, all office jobs in different industries, and never had to leave the country. They just wrote in my new place of employment on the back of my card.

Flicka: you didn’t need to go to the MOFA to do any paper work? ie didn’t your new company of employment have to fill out any paper work to get you a new working permit? If not, that’s totally cool !!!

Have you’ve had any problems leaving and re-entering the country?

Don’t they need to update your passport in any way?

[quote=“Gener”]Flicka: you didn’t need to go to the MOFA to do any paper work? ie didn’t your new company of employment have to fill out any paper work to get you a new working permit? If not, that’s totally cool !!!

Have you’ve had any problems leaving and re-entering the country?

Don’t they need to update your passport in any way?[/quote]

Sorry for not being clear enough. My employer did have to do paperwork and submit it to MOFA.

I’ve never had any problems entering or reentering the country. They might update your passport if your re-entry permit needs to be updated or lengthened.

Since all this, I’ve gotten and APRC and open work permit, which drops any paperwork and visa crap, unless I want to become a brain surgeon.

Thanks Gener and flicka, at least I know i don’t need to leave the country and it can be done…By the way, did you get married to get the APRC…if not how did you get it?
Cheers

I got it because I’ve been working here for over seven years.