ARC transfers? Unsure what this means

I found this on Tealit
" One policy the Council of Labor Affairs has fundamentally revised: ARC Transfers. They are now not necessary."

Does that mean you cannot switch a student ARC to a work permit? Do I need to go to Hong Kong and apply for a visitor vida and come back to switch to a work permit? If so what do I need to apply for a Visitor Visa in HK? I am American.

They are referring to the fact that you don’t need to get a release letter and transfer your ARC to your new employer when you change employers. You can get a second work permit and add the second employer to your existing ARC.

[quote=“sinepythgimeht”]I found this on Tealit
" One policy the Council of Labor Affairs has fundamentally revised: ARC Transfers. They are now not necessary."

Does that mean you cannot switch a student ARC to a work permit? Do I need to go to Hong Kong and apply for a visitor vida and come back to switch to a work permit? If so what do I need to apply for a Visitor Visa in HK? I am American.[/quote]

hi all–

i have the same question. if i have an ARC as a student, can i get a work permit on the same ARC? or would i need to be in taiwan on a visitor visa only in order to apply for a work permit (and then re-apply for an ARC)?

ive been studying in taiwan on visitor visas, am back in the states applying for a resident visa (to get an ARC as a student) and may be getting a work permit once i get back.

thanks for the help!