ARC transfers

Does anyone know the basic procedure? I’m leaving my current job cos I’m the only foreign teacher and they haven’t got a clue about visas. I’ve searched the gov webpages etc but can’t seem to find anything about transfers. Thanks!

From what I know you need to find a new job first. Once you’ve secured that job and have signed a contract. The new school will apply for a new Work Permit for you. After they get the new Work Permit they or you can take it to the local Police Station and get your ARC ammended. In order to get your new Work Permit you’ll need to get a new health check (they are good for three months), a copy of your degree translated into Chinese, probably around four photos, your passport, and your old ARC just to be safe.

I am going through the same process as we speak and I should know more in the coming weeks if everything goes ok. I just hope that my current employer doesn’t cancel my ARC because then I would have to go for a visa run.

Good Luck
stare

I’ll soon be in the same situation.

If the new employer submits the paperwork for the new work permit before the current employer cancels, does that not negate the need for a visa run?

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]I’ll soon be in the same situation.

If the new employer submits the paperwork for the new work permit before the current employer cancels, does that not negate the need for a visa run?[/quote]
From what I know, you should be able to get the new job officially added to your ARC as a “second” job if you do it before the first cancels. Then when the first cancels, you’d still be valid under the second. Then again, IANAL, so don’t quote me on that.

I only understood the last four letters of your acronym, Tetsuo. You are ANAL?

Totally confused now, my new employer (who I’m supposed to be starting with next week) says all they need (along with the health check, my passpost and old ARC) is a certificate from the job I’m leaving confirming that I no longer have an ARC there before they can do anything. They’ve reassured me several times that there will be no need for a visa run, but that’s contradicted by the previous posts. It’s also not helping that my old employer (who I still technically work for) is reluctant to give the new ones any info as they’re pissed off that I’m leaving.

:frowning:

To put your mind at ease, it is entirely possible to get a new ARC without having to do a visa run, all you really need is a new boss who is on the ball. I didnt even need to get my degree re-translated. I have just been through the process and it was very painless. I had given my previous boss two months notice, she refused to sign my notice letter, but that did not prove to be a problem. It gave me great satisfaction to tell her on my last day, when she said that she had cancelled my ARC that day to tell her that I already had a new one. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Winedregs

According to my old boss he told me that he needs to take my passport and ARC into the police station to cancel my ARC. I told him that my new school has my passport and ARC because they are working on my new ARC. As a result he coudln’t cancel my ARC that he had with his school. I’m not sure if this helps but I don’t think that your school can cancel your ARC without your approval. I think.

I got my ARC transferred and everything is OK

stare