ARC via local branch of foreign company

I am looking into getting a work permit (and thus ARC) by setting up an off-shore company and a local Taiwan branch of that company. The local branch can apply for a work permit. I know this costly. Does anyone have advice, and can anyone recommend a lawyer who really knows about this kind of matter?