ARC without Student ID

Hi, I’m looking for an advice regarding ARC. I’d like to come to Taiwan half month earlier before my studies.
So, I will have to apply for ARC without having Student ID card and only having original letter of acceptance from University.

Will it work for me? Or should I better come later?

Thanks! :notworthy:

It should be fine. Depending on the weather on the day of your application, you’ll either get an ARC for 1 year or until the end of September (which still leaves you enough time to apply for extension once you get your student ID).

Just go to your local taiwanese “consulate” and they will sort it out for you. Do not travel without talking to them first.

They can give you a special visa that will be valid until you get your student visa.