ARC's, Work Permits and Visas - what do you need to know?

unless it’s a business for roc government agency, i don’t think so, but you could call to nia to confirm.

you are confusing foreigners with resident visa to get arc and nwohrs to get tarc. if you enter on nwohr passport with entry permit, you can take how lobg days you need within the limit of your permitted stay.

if you entered on your foreign passport with residence visa, you should convert it to arc within 15 days, but you don’t need medical check for that.

2 Likes

Thanks, Tando.

Also, I’m having problems getting my ARC (which if I’m reading correctly, I can’t get a work permit); I have a catch-22 with getting my late dad’s stuff authenticated. They want his photo ID to authenticate his death certificate (WTF?!? I can understand a living person, but not someone who passed away 10 years ago), and the LA court has been dragging their heels on getting my parents’ divorce certificate.

I know this has probably been beat to death, but I’m getting confused. Is there ANY way for me to just go out and either get a temporary work permit or whatever without my ARC? Whether I report it to Taiwan or not, am I able to work remotely for a US company in the mean time?

I used to work a job that kept me fairly busy, and having to sit around the house and do absolutely f**k-all is driving me insane, and although she repeatedly insisted she doesn’t want my money (even when I went to Taiwan Bank and withdrew a huge lump sum), I don’t want to be a burden to my mom since I’m having to live off her until I get this ARC mess straightened out.

Fyi that’s also being discussed in American doing visa runs - US Taxes and has been discussed in What are you allowed to do without a work permit? etc.