Arctic Monkeys

I saw the [color=red]
Arctic Monkeys
[/color]last night…they were great! Such a versatile group…to be honest I wasn’t too sure about them before the show; but now I will go out and buy what they’ve put out.

This is thier first American tour…so the gig was in a small venue. :bravo:

Quite an amazing story behind that band’s success. You can’t help but wish those young bastards well.

From the Wiki:

Arctic Monkeys are a four-piece indie rock band from High Green, a suburb of Sheffield, England . Their first two singles, “I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor” and “When the Sun Goes Down”, both went straight to number one in the UK Singles Chart, and the band’s debut album, Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, holds the record for the largest first week sales of a debut album in UK history [1]. The band won “Best New Act” at the 2006 Brit Awards, and went down in history at the 2006 NME Awards in becoming the first band to win “Best New Band” and “Best British Band” in the same year.

HG

Arctic Monkeys are fucking great! Aimed squarely at the pre-teen market but Christ! If I had nin-year-olds I’d FAR rather they were getting off to Arctic Monkeys than Britney.

the drummer just quit

At least he didn’t explode!

thats why he quit… he felt like he was going to explode. to young. life on the road at theat age can kill people. but what a way to go.

ps - i think the arctic monkeys are pretty ordinary :slight_smile:

That’s because you’re not 9 years old.