Are Class Action Law Suits Possible?

Are class action law suits possible in Taiwan?
Forgive my ignorance but I am having trouble getting a straight answer to this question.

Yes.

Can immigrants in Taiwan file a class action law suit against the Taiwan government?

Define “immigrants”.

Taiwan residents without ROC citizenship.

I’ll see what I can find out tomorrow.

I can tell you now, however, that as far as I know, class action suits are a possibility only in civil cases.

If you are talking about suing the government, that would likely be administrative litigation, and unless class action suits are possible in administrative litigation, the issue of whether or not “immigrants” can file is moot.

[quote]I’ll see what I can find out tomorrow.

I can tell you now, however, that as far as I know, class action suits are a possibility only in civil cases.

If you are talking about suing the government, that would likely be administrative litigation, and unless class action suits are possible in administrative litigation, the issue of whether or not “immigrants” can file is moot.[/quote]
A group of people is much harder to persecute and slander than an individual.
The SOP for immigrants who file complaints or openly criticize the Taiwan government for human rights abuse is for these people to be extra judiciously deported and persecuted by the local press.
A class action suit would not only allow for a reduced cost in terms of the 100,000NT$ to 200,000NT$ in up front money for lawyers and court cost required to initiate a suit but allow for safety in numbers from the inevitable attack on people’s reputations and careers that comes with political persecution by the Taiwan government.

But who do you wish to sue?

Taiwan law does not provide for class action suits against the government (i.e., administrative litigation).

As I indicated previously, class action suits may be brought in civil cases, and from what I understand, these are usually consumer protection/complaint matters.

The Taiwanese Police who routinely extra judiciously deport immigrants, disrupt their lives, separate families and execute sentences without judicial oversight…
The Tax Department that still requires immigrants to file and pay taxes as temporary residents…
The Ministry of Education which continues to treat immigrant children as an unwanted burden.
The list is endless…

[quote=“Eric W. Lier”]The Taiwanese Police who routinely extra judiciously deport immigrants, disrupt their lives, separate families and execute sentences without judicial oversight…
The Tax Department that still requires immigrants to file and pay taxes as temporary residents…
The Ministry of Education which continues to treat immigrant children as an unwanted burden.
The list is endless…[/quote]

Those are all administrative entities. You would need to file administrative claims against them in the administrative courts. Taiwan law does not currently provide for class action administrative suits.

comment deleated by author