Are countries finally going to start pushing back against China?

But they dont. Cause they are all pussies worried about Chinas actual threats. Even Japan wont stick up for Taiwan, and they are arguably taiwans best possible ally.

If people had both morals and balls, we wouldnt even be discussing china in these contexts.

1 Like

I think change has to and will come from within. The CCP is walking a tightrope trying to maintain high growth rates and keep large companies and leading businessmen at bay. Just a matter of time until the government needs to change their approach and allow more freedom in general. With younger, more internationally aware, politicians entering the scene, I expect a lot of infighting within the party, the old guard eventually stepping down. Will be interesting to see how they can reform while maintaining a one-party system.

1 Like

Last time that happened there was a civil war, a massive famine, a genocide or 2, massive brainwashing campaigns and a new country was created.

I suspect you are right. And its a bit terrifying.

1 Like

Lithuania :lithuania:

1 Like

How little do you have to feel to try and bully a small county like Lithuania.

China is really underestimating the strength of their hand here. It’s like the economic fallout of the trade war has been more expensive than expected.

2 Likes

The funniest part is that China threatened to “punish” Lithuania with Russia, which is just hilarious as Lithuania basically has always hated Russia on principle. If anything it would just make Lithuania even more determined to not give in to China lol.

5 Likes

That would be great to watch! “China invades Lithuania and sets up noodle stand”

And nobody bought any. Except three officials from the Taiwan Embassy who complained that the meat was rancid, the oil tasted like sewage and the eggs were fake.

1 Like

Russia and China just completed another One Belt One Road project:

3 Likes

A little more pushback. Ten new carriers.

2 Likes

Hollywood has really gotten down on its knees for those CCP dollars.

2 Likes

I’m reading John Rizzo’s book on his time in the CIA. There is a deep and helpful relationship between Hollywood and the CIA. What better way to spy then to send a beloved celebrity, or shoot a movie in a country that is antagonistic towards the USA? I’m now and forever assuming that all those CCP dollars going into Hollywood are being carefully watched by the Agency.

2 Likes
1 Like

Is the world really paying more attention to the actions of the CCP or am I just paying more attention because I live in the middle of it?

I recently sent a pretty angry email to what I assumed was a “do not reply” email to a global organization that has been sending me constant emails about human rights and organizing all sorts of social justice workshops and stuff (cuz BLM 2020), but continues to have “Hong Kong, China” and “Taipei, China” on their website. I had assumed the email would not go through, but, to my surprise, they answered me and said they would bring up my concerns at their international conference this October. The organization in question should, at its core, be based around fundamental human rights, but they are also gaining popularity in (and able to get lots of $$$$ from) China. I called them out for kowtowing to the CCP and pointed out that they rely on literal slave labor for the materials they use to teach positive things about humanity. I also called them hypocrites and told them that their founder was rolling over in her grave.

I just wonder if the rest of the world actually cares about the fact that the Xi and the CCP has already accomplished more than Hitler ever could have dreamed of, or if I just pay attention because of the place I currently call home.

2 Likes

Last month a $1.7 billion contract was awarded for a seven-year dry dock renovation project at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery, Maine, as part of the SIOP.
The other public shipyard which is part the SIOP, Norfolk Naval Shipyard, broke ground on a $200 million dry dock renovation last year.

Looks like the US is not giving up the seas that easily.

1 Like

Just saw this on a veins in ma teeth conservative newsite.

In its bid to build a more robust indigenous defense capability against mainland China’s growing military threats, on Thursday Taiwan commissioned the first of a new batch of domestically manufactured warships designed specifically to be ‘carrier-killers.’ The fast corvette warships are equipped with stealth technology and a lower profile for a reduced radar signature.

Could work…

Sounds pretty limp-dicked tbh

The United States, Britain and Australia said on Wednesday they would establish a security partnership for the Indo-Pacific that will involve helping Canberra acquire nuclear-powered submarines, as Chinese influence over the region grows.

Under the partnership, announced by President Joe Biden, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, the United States and Britain will provide Australia with the technology and capability to deploy nuclear-powered submarines.

5 Likes

If that is Amnesty that would be all kinds of ironic.