Are Gay bars hetero friendly or not?

Are the gay lesbian bars in ximenting 西門町 hetero friendly or not? Sometimes I walk around there and they welcome me and other times they look at me or me and my girl like “get the **** out”. What do you think are they friendly or only welcome gay and lesbians?

And sometimes the staff makes me feel unwelcome. This hopefully is not the dominant perspective in Taiwan.

Really really sad if Taiwan LTGTQ cannot be open to non gay and lesbian. I’m totally open to Gay and Lesbian but I hope they can be totally open to hetero.

1 Like

Not sure if its the same between bars and clubs but the clubs I’ve been to are fine.

As long as you don’t do something dickish like lead people on then reveal yourself as straight.

I would say yes, I’ve never had a problem. In fact they seem to be a little bit too friendly towards me. I went to an S&M gay club once with my gay friends and it was fine. It’s actually pretty nice because there’s usually girls there and being like the one straight guy there was no competition.

And I’m not sure why 西門町’s bar area, I know where you are referring to are gay bars. To me they are just bars that gay people like to hang out at. I don’t like how people refer to that area as the gay area.

1 Like