Are Male APRC Holders Below the Age of 60 Obligated to Serve in Armed Forces if China Attacks?

Either that, or we start debating the merits of vaccinating children. :neutral_face:

Guy

3 Likes

Well, either way, it’s going to end in bloodshed, isn’t it?

1 Like

I doubt you’re obligated to defend taiwan. Taiwan doesn’t allow you to serve in order to get a citizenship nor give you any voting rights. Your APRC is just Taiwan needing warm bodies to fill the needs for a declining population.

from sticky balls to full blown commando. 12 pack of Heineken and a bazooka.

5 Likes

Given the look of that tummy, it may be time for that guy to lay off the bubble tea for a while.

Guy

4 Likes

those who know THE TRUTH rarely seem interested in why others should take them seriously

So, we should be impregnating as many locals as possible?

1 Like

Now there’s a duty I could get behind. Or on top of. Or whatever. Waving the wrong end of a gun at trained Chinese infantry? Doesn’t sound like either much fun, or very useful.

2 Likes

I think it’s fascinating how normal people are thinking they’ll get pull into a professional war because hyurk, that’s what they did in Ukraine. That said, I’m still a very good shot — like a very good shot. :wink: :salute:

2 Likes

Did that Chewie guy somehow hack into your account?

Guy

My fingers are clean, so probably not.

Are we still talking about repopulating the country here?

But yeah, I’m sure the authorities wouldn’t be stupid enough to draft a bunch of untrained foreigners with poor Chinese communication skills into the army. Fairly sure, anyway.

I’d be in a bell tower. The ladies could be sent up I suppose.

1 Like

In Singapore, 2nd-generation male Permanent Residents have to go through National Service (aka 2-year compulsory military service) and after that they are subject to the same rules (reservist periods almost every year, fight in a hypothetical war, etc.) as citizens. The city-state also has a voluntary force composed by women and 1st-generation Permanent Residents.

Permanent Residents in Taiwan, regardless of the generation, are not even required to do military service.

EDIT: 2nd generation means obtaining PR status because one of the parents is either a PR or a citizen, 1st generation means applying for and obtaining PR status as adult professionals or spouses.

4 Likes

No. They don’t know what they’re talking about.

They won’t even give us a phone line, let alone a rifle.

On paper, we have the same rights as citizens except voting. In reality… well try to get a credit card and see how it goes.

Oh boy.

Maybe your pal is a bit confused with the Overseas compatriots. Those I can see being drafted because, well, bloodline and all that jazz. But based on your APRC alone? Bo kow ling ah.

6 Likes

All of Taiwan’s problems summarised in a sentence ‘on paper and reality aren’t the same’ :joy: …. Including it’s very existence!

4 Likes

I was never given such a book. Not even a pamphlet…what gives?

On the OP question. Surely one would have voting rights and the path to citizenship if one were to be required to submit to the draft…one of those things that surely couldnt be real but somehow wouldnt surprise anyone if it turned out to be true haha. Anyone ever look into it?

A real gem!

Managing Family Sustainably

Many people think that having a happy marriage depends on fate. Passion will fade away. A happy marriage relies on how you manage your family. If you want to be loved, you need to have the determination and desire to love your spouse first.

1. Learn to manage
After marriage, the couple has to pay more attention to bring passion back to the dull daily life. As time goes by, love fades gradually. It needs skills to keep continuous motive power of love; simply a bunch of flowers or a little gift can bring new different feeling to a marriage relationship. If you can arrange a special intimate moment every week, such as watching a film, or having tea time together, it will help to maintain a couple‘s relationship in a better condition. Once a couple has made commitments in their marriage for life, they should have great determination to implement their obligations to maintain their relationship, and also work hard to manage their marriage relationship.

2.Sincere communication creates high quality marriage

Communication does not limit to words or languages. The meaning of a smile or a hug is worth a thousand words. The mildness, honesty, and non- fortification in marriage are lovely; however, the meanness, toughness, and self-protection are not acceptable. Unless you expose the inter-self inside of you, and let your spouse know about you, you will fear to be discovered and be against forever. It is easy to have quarrels, have indignation, and act a cold war with each other due to poor communication, causing the marriage relationship more and more in alienation.

However, modern couples are busy at works, and phone each other once a day at most. Sometimes, when the husband gets home his wife sleeps already, and he still sleeps while his spouse gets up. How should the couple communicate with each other? Actually, they can leave a little note to each other if they want. When each side of the couple thinks of each other, and he/she feels to want to share something with each other at any time, just let him/her know, it is believed that the husband or wife will definitely know each other’s consideration.
The ways of communication are important as well. If a spouse just likes to express his/her emotions only, and ignore the other side feeling, communication effect will be greatly reduced. Try to put your feet on others’ shoes to find resolutions, and really reach the goal of overcoming obstacles.

3.Build common interests and share common leisure

In addition to sincere communication, having same hobbies will make it easier for a couple to get along with each other. For example, a couple who has same hobbies share common topics in their conversation and have common friends. Subsequently, they would spend more times staying with each others, thus increase the level of intimacy and trust between them. In this way, it helps to maintain marriage relationship continuously.

4 Likes

Taipei is NOT Taiwan! Doubt other cities get this; I didn’t.

1 Like

I was feeling grumpy until I read this. It was so funny that it improved my mood.

9 Likes