Are most intercultural relationships in Taiwan doomed?

The guy I was friends with is a bit eccentric and dramatic already. He is a musician and a bit of a child prodigy making music since he was a kid. Hasn’t really lived up to the hype of this earlier childhood success. Adding a bunch of toxic dependent relationships with his own bi polar disorder acting out. It was pretty painful to be with friend and watch him just cause a lot of his own issues.

You have no idea how close that particular combination hits to home. Hite or Cass or OB beer instead and we would have it.

One bit of advice for men with any women they are courting for a serious relationship - refrain from any sexual activity. The little head makes men do stupid things.
The first few (more like 12) dates should be about finding if the other partner is sane.

Yeah, but…

So many buts

Almost everyone puts on their best mask when dating. Especially at the beginning. Some do it subconsciously, others it’s calculated.

You truly, truly do not know someone until you live with them, seen them around their family and friends and been with them through shitty times and happy times.

Even still, people hide things and have secrets they may never reveal until one day…surprise! But by then, hopefully the bond between each other is strong enough to overcome those surprises.

Find someone who compliments who you are. And I don’t mean them saying nice things. I mean the two of you fit. You will know the feeling when it happens. I love this meme…kind of sums it all up…if you can do this and the other person laughs…they are a keeper.

download%20(1)

1 Like

Yes, masks are worn. But if you play the dating game correctly, you can find out if they are suitable. Red flags will appear - but if sex is involved, they may well be overlooked or ignored for the sexual thrill.
For men, as stated above saying no is one thing that should be encouraged. There are a load of other things that can weed out bad marriage candidates.
Which is why one should wait at least 2 years before even thinking of marriage.

Not everyone needs to follow such a prudish courtship. 12 dates? Give me a break. Most couples engage in physical intimacy by the 4th or 5th date and if it’s two consensenting adults there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I have no issues with anyone doing that. I did it in the past, but I would not do it now if I was looking for a serious relationship.
Sex clouds men’s judgement.

1 Like

Yeah, if you are like 18.
It’s more like…
Sex clouds boy’s judgements.
Most “men” have a handle on things.

2 Likes

It’s really important to gauge sexual compatibility with someone before pursuing a serious relationship.

I agree with this, though. Gotta let the honeymoon period wear off, see them in a variety of situations, travel with them, meet the fam…

Oh and you’ve got to see them with a haircut. If someone gets a haircut and you don’t think they’re cute anymore, you never really liked them.

How does this apply to those of us with limited hair?

what if they get this haircut

will u still think they are being overly judgmental?

3 Likes

Back in the day he got more pussy than most guys can dream about.

And Cup a Soup, of course.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eWksvwqM3Ok

2 Likes

It’s a bit different if you’re the type of person whose hairstyle never drastically changes. Or can’t change, rather.

More like the 1st date.

It really depends, according to me it depends mostly on age, in your early 20s you can easily wait for the 10th date or so, past 25 years ago, let alone 30, we tend to rush more.

I thought about saying “2nd or 3rd date”, but I was being more conservative in order to be diplomatic. You are right though. Many future couples hook up on the first date and some of them even stick together and have long-lasting, happy marriages.

I figured it was totally different. Thanks to hook-up apps like Tinder many 20 somethings screw on the first date.

Well you could be right, this was based mostly on my experience and some friends too, we never used dating app, different times, had my first time in 2004 :stuck_out_tongue: I mean dating app did exist but most did not use them. And I meant serious relationships obviously.

I think sex does change the nature of the relationship. I would personally recommend waiting for a while. But definitely need to kiss on the first date to know things will work in that department in sexual attraction.

I don’t think you need to “kiss on the first date.” I’m fine with it, but some people might feel it’s too quick if there’s not enough build up or they haven’t developed feelings yet. In some ways kissing is more intimate than sex.
Let the kiss happen organically, if it’s the first date, second date or third date. Within reason. If it doesn’t happen by the 5th date though, there’s probably no potential for chemistry in the future and you should seek out a new dating partner.

1 Like