Are tattoos gaining acceptance in Taiwan

So does anyone know how to say “tramp stamp” in Mandarin?

Its ok, by the time your tats sag, you is UGLY anyway. With or without em :slight_smile:

I dont want any tats on myself and i frown on em in general. But hey , if you worried bout being ugly when they become ugly? Well you would have become ugly by then too.

How bout " Chee niu too ahn" chee niu = prostitute, Too ahn = stamp

You really need to learn Pinyin, tommy! :slight_smile:

Tattoos are what they are and nothing more… or less.

Very acceptable now.

I went there and bumped into the guy who did my back tattoo 8 years ago, and had the whole thing redone there on the spot…loads of cameras in my face! I have gotten 4 of my 6 in that dodgy alley in Hsimen.

I posted these in the photos thread, but I should probably put them here too.

More at this link.

I worked at a college for 15-19 year olds and it was against the rules to have a tattoo. There are also many employers that will not hire those with tats. So yes although I agree many more people accept them there are still plenty of others that do not. So I would take issue with your “very” .

I don’t see why not.

He’s so cute.

There are some teaching jobs that allow it, but if they had to choose between someone with a full sleeve tattoo, and a bare arm, I’m sure they will take the ‘clean’ body.

Fixed that for ya. :laughing:
“Guess WHAT! I went to Thailand on a group tour and got this little tattoo on my ankle, just like every single other girl on the bus! How’s THAT for originality? Hao koo-ah!”
:unamused:
Man! I remember back when I was huntin’ the poontang back in the 70s that you could guarantee a shag off a girl with a tattoo – you KNEW they were incapable of considering the consequences of their actions. If there’s a bigger turnoff in the world than a 40+ woman with a faded, stretched tat reading “Dwaynne” on her sagging boobie, I’ve yet to see it. Tats on old wrinkled skin are GROSS, people. GROSS![/quote]

Yea, this pretty much sums it up for me…I wanted to get a tat in 2000 but God spoke (pointed to the Bible verse where it’s a :no-no: ) and I said fuggit. Now I’m glad. EVERYONE has tattoos in the States. And I’m not talking about “nice” tatttoos. But tear drops for murder, tiger paws on obese breast falling out of shirts, RIP tats on the side of one’s neck. All that ish is ridiculous!!! Just Ghetto behavior glamorized. The worse I saw-- a woman no taller than 4’9 with two tats on her hands, Right hand said==lying sucks Left hand said=Love rules. :loco: :noway:

But I’d get the Japanese/gansta tats. Now those are still worthy of being “sinful” :stuck_out_tongue:

haha I have a bible verse down my back…I can explain to God if he’s moody at the gates of heaven.

:laughing: Goood one.

Did you see the movie Cape Fear when the cop looks at De Niro and says “I don’t know whether to look at him or read him”.