Are teachers teachers?

Guys…drugs, murder, headless corpses, doggy mules.

Discuss it in the Teaching Yingrish forum.

This murder story, because it involved English teaching by Bent etc., is of interest to the foreigner and educational services demographics. It certainly does impact that community because it puts them under the spotlight.

But I took “teacher” out of the title days ago…:runaway:

Buxibans are part of privatised education and babysitting services in Taiwan . Since Taiwanese pay very little in taxes and work long hours this is what happens. They still get to learn English better than in the public schools.

2 Likes

Then call the employees Private Education and Babysitting consultants. Not teachers. It is about accuracy in reporting and marketing. OR the poor are being taken advantage of.

what is sb?

why is a roll of toilet paper relevent?

qingdao beer?

great wall book?

obama in commie get up? not seen it here.

1 Like

unironically this

But poor people get taken advantage of here all the time, it’s not just cram schools. it’s just what it’s like doing business here. Everyone is trying to pull a fast on on yuh.

Just look at the whole Chinese “medicine” industry here…

If cram schools want to call their employees “English PHD professors Harvard Yale masters” I just see that as a qwerky marketing tactic that goes with the territory of living/doing business in Taiwan.

I had some “authentic Italian pizza” the other day. They made it on two corn tortillas stacked on top of each other. Mamma Mia :smiling_face:

I regret posting that.

I saw that collage of pics as representing that teaching is not necessarily first and forefront on the mind of some of the so-called educationalists.

Same

4 Likes

I really, really like your work!:smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

I get the stereotypes about ESL teachers here but I suppose I don’t understand the ridicule that seems so common. Like… I hear more shit being spoken about ESL teachers in Asia than I do about minimum wage workers back home …

Not that min wage workers should be made fun of or anything… I just dont get it.

That’s means k-mans articles are working
MUHAHAHAHAHA

But yeah, idkwhy

Low hanging fruit, I guess.
Lots of places in Canada don’t require ESL teachers to have an Ed degree, just an undergrad.

3 Likes

It’s because certified teachers consider themselves to be in the same class of professionals as doctors and engineers. Learning to manage classrooms and printing handouts is comparable to open-heart surgery and bridge design, I guess.

1 Like

Then they are not teachers. They are ESL facilitators. Simple as that. To be a teacher, you need certification or you have no business using the title.

And ESL in Canada is very much a tiny industry compared to Asia. Most foreigners coming to Canada soon realise public teaching (with certified teachers or professors) is much, much better than the private shit.

I’m talking about teaching ESL for the government.