Are there any Jewish services in southern Taiwan?

That would be an honor and a mitzvah, but I don’t think I could offer a great Shabbat at this stage.
Here’s the routine: I shoe my students out of our house around six PM. I run and collect the babies from kindergarten. The wife comes home cooks friend rice or something.

Sometime between 7 and 8 we are all finished. I set the Shabbat table up, pop on Shalom Sesame, It’s Shabbat Grover.
We say the blessings for candles, the grape juice (wine) and the bread, The kids like to sing BimBam. And I’m sneaking some little things in here and there. The kids look forward to Shabat Shalom.

I live in PingDong County, just over the Kaoping River. If you have other reasons to come to this area, please PM me with your real id, face book info or other info that will help me identify you as you. And I’ll reveal my real contact info. We can get toeh

Taiwan_Student I sent you a PM.

And yes, I do visit south of Taiwan from time to time.
Would love to meet you…

Rabbi Shlomi
Taipei Jewish Center.

בס"ד

Dear Friends,

With joy and gratitude to the Almighty, we are pleased to announce the opening of the Taipei Jewish Center.

Taiwan enjoys a Jewish population of approximately 250 and is visited by thousands more throughout the year.
Now, Jewish residents and visitors to Taiwan can enjoy SHABBAT and HOLIDAY programs and services including festive meals and camaraderie, EDUCATIONAL programs for all ages, and a KOSHER FOOD SERVICE (hot delicious meals available for delivery to your hotel or office.)

Our new center is conveniently located in the heart of Taipei City, in the rapidly developing XinYi area and in short walking distance to the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Taipei 101, and the new W Taipei Hotel.

Our exact address is undersigned.

Please share this wonderful news with your family and friends who reside in or travel to Taiwan.

We look forward to greeting you soon.
Wishing you an enjoyable and healthy summer,

Rabbi Shlomi, Racheli, Mushi & Mendi Tabib.

Taipei Jewish Center

台北市信義區松德路180巷8號2樓
2/F No. 8, Lane 180, Songde Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei City 110, Taiwan
+886-923923770

Rabbi@jewish.tw

1 Like

Thanks Rabbi! :slight_smile:

Thank You
Rabbi

I received your note and did forward it to some who might be interested.

Shalom

Well, it depends on which service you go to. Shachreit (morning) Mincha (afternoon) or Maariv (evening) services all have the same basic structure, but differences between them. The services are also different at certain times of the month and week–i.e. Shabbat services are different from weekday services, we only read from the Torah on certain days of the week, we have certain prayers for certain seasons, we have more prayers to say on a Rosh Chodesh (new month) or on a fast day or holiday…

I have found a webpage that can give you an idea to how some of our services are conducted.

Check out the Buddhists and Daoists, especially if you are eventually returning to the West…

I’m a reconstructionist Jew currently living in Taitung. We should meet up!

1 Like